Internet?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Munchie, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Sat on a CL at Caistor near Lincoln. My 3 dongle will connect but then keeps dropping out. I have connected my phone (E71) again with 3 and no porblem. What I can't understand is both with 3 so why does the phone connect but dongle drops out?
    Full HSDPA by the way on both. :RollEyes:

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Same with my BT dongle cant always connect yet can always get online through the phone on 3. Got through my monthly allowance quickly though.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I think 3 might be having a problem today. I was trying to look at the BBC news pages on my phone earlier and it just came up with the Internet FAQ page. Haven't tried the dongle as we are at home.

Graham

4. alan

alan Funster

3 dongls

Hi Ken and Steff
    Its the same here in Skeg there is to many people with 3 dongles on the network and vodafones not much better.:cry:
    You should be OK first thing in the morning and later in the evening.:BigGrin:
    Alan

5. JJ

JJ Funster

hi Ken... For what it is worth I have an E72 and when I use it as a modem to connect my laptop to the internet it does so at 460 Kps (on T-Mobile.) When I use my T-Mobile dongle it connects at anything up to 3 mbs...

I find sometimes the fast dongle connection a bit tempermental whilst the slower one is slower but surer...

JJ

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Could be that the dongle is only set to connect if 3G/3G+ is available but the phone will still connect even if just 2G (GPRS) coverage is there.

Graham