Internet in europe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Patrick, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Patrick

Patrick Read Only Funster

Hi All,

I have spent three days looking on-line for info about buying Data cards in the country's were going to......nothing but Confilct about what you can and can't do.

I want to be able to buy a PASYG dongle data card when were in say Italy but, some say you can't unless you can show a residancy in the country..some say just go in to a local shop and buy one.

Has anyone done this recently????????????????????????:Doh:

Any advice on the best way to go!

Patrick

2. dragabed

dragabed Read Only Funster

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/22561-internet-europe.html#post273413

all i have ever used is the lap top and wifi with skype 1st class did try the dong but was not as advanced then as they are now so they may have improved ,cost for roaming prohibitive regardless of which country you buy in .

3. billkce

billkce Funster

Hi

We're in the same boat. Using my UK 3 dongle is just not practicable - £1.25 per MB!! :Angry: So we will try any free hotspots or try to buy a local dongle. You are right, it is NOT clear. I see us using internet cafes a fair deal. Good luck.:thumb:

4. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover Read Only Funster

Macdonalds are always a good standby we just pull in the McD car park and log on if you set McD's as a POI on you tomtom they are easy to find without looking .

5. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Patrick, we got a T Mobile one in Germany, but Jane had to flatter her eyes at the young man in the shop, and he did it for her.:Wink::Smile: But it was about 4 or 5 Euro's a day (24 hrs ) I would not bother if your staying on sites as most have wi fi and work out cheaper the longer you stay.:BigGrin: Or the other thing we have is one of these.:Smile: Bob.

http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=&FamID=60&ProdID=280

Attached Files: