Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi All,

I have spent three days looking on-line for info about buying Data cards in the country's were going to......nothing but Confilct about what you can and can't do.

I want to be able to buy a PASYG dongle data card when were in say Italy but, some say you can't unless you can show a residancy in the country..some say just go in to a local shop and buy one.

Has anyone done this recently????????????????????????:Doh:

Any advice on the best way to go!

Patrick

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/22561-internet-europe.html#post273413

all i have ever used is the lap top and wifi with skype 1st class did try the dong but was not as advanced then as they are now so they may have improved ,cost for roaming prohibitive regardless of which country you buy in .

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi

We're in the same boat. Using my UK 3 dongle is just not practicable - £1.25 per MB!! :Angry: So we will try any free hotspots or try to buy a local dongle. You are right, it is NOT clear. I see us using internet cafes a fair deal. Good luck.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Patrick, we got a T Mobile one in Germany, but Jane had to flatter her eyes at the young man in the shop, and he did it for her.:winky::Smile: But it was about 4 or 5 Euro's a day (24 hrs ) I would not bother if your staying on sites as most have wi fi and work out cheaper the longer you stay.::bigsmile: Or the other thing we have is one of these.:Smile: Bob.

Link Removed

Attachments

• Bobs Jan 2010 019.jpg
    Bobs Jan 2010 019.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back