LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Seems interesting and useful for those that need to be online. (y) Too expensive for me though. I will stick to fon and my 3 sim.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
They make a hell of a claim to provide 4g in 28 countries in Europe but surely they can only give the speed the local phone network provides and for much if Europe that's 3G only. It is , after all, no different to a mobile SIM card type device like a dongle or smartphone. I was wondering if I am missing something and whether anyone has used one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
They make a hell of a claim to provide 4g in 28 countries in Europe but surely they can only give the speed the local phone network provides and for much if Europe that's 3G only. It is , after all, no different to a mobile SIM card type device like a dongle or smartphone. I was wondering if I am missing something and whether anyone has used one.
Well that's it, they say it does it , so I thought they must have some sort of priority, I don't know anything about it, I just happened on to it when someone asked where they could buy a mifi thingy in France , as people have been saying you don't get a high signal with three, maybe these are getting first go at the signal.
I don't know , and I don't need one, and it is dear but compared to satilite internet, what some have on here , is it so dear if it does what it says on the can(y):)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Well that's it, they say it does it , so I thought they must have some sort of priority, I don't know anything about it, I just happened on to it when someone asked where they could buy a mifi thingy in France , as people have been saying you don't get a high signal with three, maybe these are getting first go at the signal.
I don't know , and I don't need one, and it is dear but compared to satilite internet, what some have on here , is it so dear if it does what it says on the can(y):)

Yes, dam site cheaper that satellite internet for sure. The company is American based and aimed I think at Americans travelling to Europe, T Mobile in America charges for roaming are really expensive, I expect other networks are too.

• Single day pass: $15 for 100MB (high speed data capped at 100MB)
  • 7 day pass: $25 for 200MB (high speed data capped at 200MB)
  • 14 day pass: $50 for 500MB (high speed data capped at 500MB)
So the Webspot deal would be very attractive for Americans coming to Europe, and certainly cheaper than satellite internet for anyone, although I wouldn't know how it compares in terms of reliability etc.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
dont know if anyone saw this when I put the link in another thread, but although a bit dear, if they are gauanteeing super fast anywhere, for anyone who needs a lot of Internet or if there are up to ten of you wanting to get on line , seems it could get reasonable.
http://my-webspot.com/?gclid=CKqEgNXAz84CFQgz0wodTe0CXg
Don't know how they can guarantee 4G when it's not even available everywhere.
http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/FR/France/SFR/lte_20810#q=Lens,+France|coverage

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Totally ludicrous! All the tourist information offices (assuming you can find one which is actually open) and lots of restaurants and bars have free internet. Much better choice.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Totally ludicrous! All the tourist information offices (assuming you can find one which is actually open) and lots of restaurants and bars have free internet. Much better choice.
Never said it wasn't , iv posted about tourist offices myself numerous times, just thought it might interest someone, didn't say you had got to get one.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Many campsites and camperstops in Spain have WiFi, often free. It's just another service that's expected nowadays!!!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Many campsites and camperstops in Spain have WiFi, often free. It's just another service that's expected nowadays!!!
I know this , I have always said there are very few places you can't find free wifi , but you then read of people paying a fortune for satilite Internet to get films downloaded, just thought it was worth a look for them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back