Internet in europe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Aug 20, 2016.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

dont know if anyone saw this when I put the link in another thread, but although a bit dear, if they are gauanteeing super fast anywhere, for anyone who needs a lot of Internet or if there are up to ten of you wanting to get on line , seems it could get reasonable.
    http://my-webspot.com/?gclid=CKqEgNXAz84CFQgz0wodTe0CXg

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Seems interesting and useful for those that need to be online. (y) Too expensive for me though. I will stick to fon and my 3 sim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. iandsm

iandsm Funster

They make a hell of a claim to provide 4g in 28 countries in Europe but surely they can only give the speed the local phone network provides and for much if Europe that's 3G only. It is , after all, no different to a mobile SIM card type device like a dongle or smartphone. I was wondering if I am missing something and whether anyone has used one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chaser

chaser Funster

Well that's it, they say it does it , so I thought they must have some sort of priority, I don't know anything about it, I just happened on to it when someone asked where they could buy a mifi thingy in France , as people have been saying you don't get a high signal with three, maybe these are getting first go at the signal.
    I don't know , and I don't need one, and it is dear but compared to satilite internet, what some have on here , is it so dear if it does what it says on the can(y):)

5. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Yes, dam site cheaper that satellite internet for sure. The company is American based and aimed I think at Americans travelling to Europe, T Mobile in America charges for roaming are really expensive, I expect other networks are too.

• Single day pass: $15 for 100MB (high speed data capped at 100MB)
    • 7 day pass: $25 for 200MB (high speed data capped at 200MB)
    • 14 day pass: $50 for 500MB (high speed data capped at 500MB)
    So the Webspot deal would be very attractive for Americans coming to Europe, and certainly cheaper than satellite internet for anyone, although I wouldn't know how it compares in terms of reliability etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

Don't know how they can guarantee 4G when it's not even available everywhere.
    http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/FR/France/SFR/lte_20810#q=Lens,+France|coverage

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

€10 a day or €300 a month. Serious money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Huwmari

Huwmari Funster

Totally ludicrous! All the tourist information offices (assuming you can find one which is actually open) and lots of restaurants and bars have free internet. Much better choice.

9. chaser

chaser Funster

Never said it wasn't , iv posted about tourist offices myself numerous times, just thought it might interest someone, didn't say you had got to get one.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

Many campsites and camperstops in Spain have WiFi, often free. It's just another service that's expected nowadays!!!

11. chaser

chaser Funster

I know this , I have always said there are very few places you can't find free wifi , but you then read of people paying a fortune for satilite Internet to get films downloaded, just thought it was worth a look for them.

• Like Like x 1