Internet at Twin Lakes France (1 Viewer)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
This coming weekend, we are off to Twin Lakes in France for a month or so. :D Now, Management can't be without her digital copy of weekly Hello magazine and so I ask those of you who have been there, what the internet signal is like, using 3 Feel at Home. Or has the site got it's own internet ?

Spanking you. :lips:

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
site as got its own but you have to go to the bar to get it unless you have a signal booster, we are on three you should get it ok, wish i were going, the fish are missing me,

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y) Got a signal where we were last year @Kevan ....but of course you can't fish there at same time :D2 and we were sat in the SUN (y)

OP
OP
SuperMike

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
For information people, I hope it is of some use.

At Twin Lakes, Internet using a 3 Mifi, is useless, I've had a good walk around with it. The bar wifi is ok in the bar, but the speed is not great. We are parked about 200 steps, about 400ft from the bar area and the iboost signal is so poor as to not being usable. So we are taking a hit on our O2 phone which is using SFR giving 3G which is working ok. I am told that Vodaphone works as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Perfect signal via mifi here, last year in September.
Must be a weather thing. :D2
You lucky people..... those of you who are on pitch 2 lakeside.
20160925_161414.jpg

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
For information people, I hope it is of some use.

At Twin Lakes, Internet using a 3 Mifi, is useless, I've had a good walk around with it. The bar wifi is ok in the bar, but the speed is not great. We are parked about 200 steps, about 400ft from the bar area and the iboost signal is so poor as to not being usable. So we are taking a hit on our O2 phone which is using SFR giving 3G which is working ok. I am told that Vodaphone works as well.
Hiya @SuperMike , can I just ask the question without seeming to teach you how to suck eggs but is your mifi actually working. ?? .i.e did you try it in France before you got to twin lakes ..just a thought .Roy

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Strange I used a mifi there with no problems at all I was parked well away from the recreation centre ..got three bars on my mifi every day using 3 data sim.
We were in Khizzie's space before he came and the mifi was fine with our booster. We moved about 30 feet away into the middle of the field and the signal disappeared. So it's very hit and miss. Still we didn't miss it after the first day - too busy catching fish - (or getting tangled up in the fishing line in my case.....)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
and Ditto too as-well. Poor but usable and we were about as far from the bar as you could get in the big field.

OP
OP
SuperMike

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Hiya @SuperMike , can I just ask the question without seeming to teach you how to suck eggs but is your mifi actually working. ?? .i.e did you try it in France before you got to twin lakes ..just a thought .Roy

Yes, thank you, it is, I have three of them of various types and makes. @DavidG58 had the same problem and as I said I wandered around in the hope of improvement, but to no avail.

Also, I am disappointed with the iboost. I have a clear site of the bar, about 400ft away, and, even with the ariel bit 5m up a pole, I can only gather the signal just into the yellow in the signal strength meter bit, which is of little use. And yes, I have tried it near the ground as well.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we couldn't get anything on our mifi with 3 sim, must be a local issue I would have thought

we used a bundle of Vodafone data on my bundle, work will pick that up but could be pricey o_O

we could see the wifi but very intermittent from where we were, but last year couldn't get it at all from about where you are

I think the ideal position is where the caravans are, but really like most sites they want you in the bar

I also struggled with our iBoost but didn't bother with it this time

best of luck, it might be a long month, or expensive (y)

OP
OP
SuperMike

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Thank you David, it's only money. Now off you go 'cos I is still not talking to you. Except to ask if your dear lady wife enjoyed her burfday. It's mine today so as well as both being Scout types, we are also birthday people together. Are you feeling a bit left out of all this ? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back