Internal or external windscreen cover (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
externals are superior for keeping you warm/cool and stopping condensation. internals allow you to jump in the seat and drive off in an emergency, but are only held up by suckers

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
External every time for me no condensation is a big plus and very easy to fit do use my fitted internal blinds when not so cold and would do so if not on a rally or campsite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Externals every time, had both and the internals are a pain for causing condensation and not so efficient at retaining heat or deflecting heat from the sun in summer - if we get one!:ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Externals prevent condensation and should be used in preferance to internals when on a site. However if wilding internals allow you to make a quick get away in a threatening situation, the condensation is minimal. personally we dont use them at all and without internal heating, condensation has never been a problem.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Its worth remembering that external screens can be used internally.
Its a bit of a fight but can be done, just slip the door bits on to the outside and push the windscreen section forward on the inside of the screen and hold it in place with the sun visors.

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Cheers Steve

I had a look, but they would probably be too wide for mine. I've just remembered I bought an internal sun screen from Poundland in Cannock before I left and have managed to fit it, so when I'm back next week I might buy a couple more and butcher them as an interim measure. Now the heater is finally fitted it's quite warm in here:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We haven't had the heater on in ours for ages now. We just use the water heater for showers and dish washing.We don't use the external blinds in the summer, only the pull across blinds inside for privacy.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
why??

Its worth remembering that external screens can be used internally.
Its a bit of a fight but can be done, just slip the door bits on to the outside and push the windscreen section forward on the inside of the screen and hold it in place with the sun visors.
Just why would you want to use External screens internally, seems to me that defeats the object.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Cooler weather external kill condensation dead, in winter provide some insulation and in summer help keep cab cool, no contest! :Eeek:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just why would you want to use External screens internally, seems to me that defeats the object.
In some cases when wildcamping you may feel more secure keeping all possessions internal.
Then you wont have to de-bus if a fast take-off is required. :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back