Internal cover to roof vent broken (1 Viewer)

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have a 2007 Devon Monaco Campervan based on the Renault Master LWB van.

Over the kitchen it is fitted with a square opening roof vent seen so often in many motorhomes and caravans. The vent is fitted with a mesh cover that is hinged on one side by clip on hinges allowing the cover to be pulled clear of the vent. The mesh cover also has a small roller blind and measures 404 x 404 mm (excludng hinge).

Because of its position, over a narrow passageway, the cover cannot be pulled open and still left attached to the vent - this is because it's so easy to walk into it.

The repeated removal has caused the hinges to disintegrate so I am interested in getting a replacement. The photo shows both the vent and the cover - please note I have added a small wooden batten to one side of the vent to allow the cover to be held in place. This worked OK until the split in the cover increased. Now the cover has a tendency to falloff at the most inconvenient times.

I could try to get one via Devon but I imagine it will be cheaper to source it more directly.

Can anyone indentify the roof vent and suggest a supplier? All I really need is the internal cover but I imaginethat i will need to buy the whole unit.

Attachments

• zzcover.jpg
    zzcover.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 33
  • zzvent.jpg
    zzvent.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 29

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Having had a look at it, it looks pretty standard. Try Oleary's motorhome spares in Yorkshire, Excellent service and will give you good advice too.

On my last van I just replaced the type you have wih some wind up mini Heikis. Amazingly simple to do even for a gardener like my self:Confused:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Yes it is a standard MPK rooflight. I've just had to replace the roller blind in mine. You can get the whole drop-down flap with flyscreen and roller blind for around £29 from most caravan accessory shops. Similar price on ebay but with P&P on top. Classed as a 40 x 40 cm size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes it is a standard MPK rooflight. I've just had to replace the roller blind in mine. You can get the whole drop-down flap with flyscreen and roller blind for around £29 from most caravan accessory shops. Similar price on ebay but with P&P on top. Classed as a 40 x 40 cm size.

Hi check the size ! if the roller blind measures 404 chances are it will be the 450 sq one not the 400 sq one
terry

OP
OP
O

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks for all the info.

I have been out of touch for several days as I am touring a wet and soggy france and seemd to have not luck with wifi.

I'm in Vichy at the moment and guess what - it's raining again but I have found some free wifi!

I will check supply of vent cover when i get back home. once I get back home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Fiamma do a Rollo vent 40 x 40 whether it will fit an MPK not sure.

Search Fiamma Rollo Vent on our website for pictures etc.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back