INTERMITTENT Problem with IE10

Discussion in 'Computers' started by StitchUp, Mar 29, 2013.

1. StitchUp

StitchUp Read Only Funster

I've been using Chrome for a while because of issues I was experiencing with IE. There were some things I liked in IE that weren't 'obviously' available in Chrome so when Microsoft launched IE10 I thought I'd take a look. Guess what, the Return Key only works intermittently - hence this post being all in one joined up jumble!!! I just did a search for a resolution to the problem and discovered that many are suffering the same problem. I find it amazing that Microsoft have allowed the product to come to the market without proper testing but having said that, I've been in computers so long, I've got used to it. Still not found the answer so back to Chrome.

2. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Tried chrome its good on my tablet, wasn't impressed on my pc so went back to Firefox which takes some beating the last couple of IE have had so many issues I wouldn't use it.:Eeek:

3. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

For past 2 weeks have been running Win8 and IE10 on my PC (it had a crack Win7 which was giving me probs,so decided to go legal ) so far I've had no issues at all :BigGrin:
    I've also put IE 10 on our Media centre and that seems ok so far.
    Mike

4. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

Veering wildly off topic :Wink:.

Have you tried Dolphin on your tablet? I find its better than Chrome which I have been a big fan of for several years.

5. reader

reader Funster

To carry on the annimal theme of the previous post.

Comodo Dragon is a cut down version of Chrome, it doesnt have some of the Google tarcking stuff in. All the Chrome extensions work in it if you want them.

In Windows 7 it is faster than either Firefox or IE10, in Windows 8 I think its speed is on a par with IE10 which is faster than previous incarnations of IE.

There are all sorts of things wrong with IE10 if you search on the Microsoft Community, and they dont seem to be getting sorted, shame really

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013