Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Hi
We need a new interior steps unit for our old 570 - which we are very happy with :Smile:

Has anyone any idea where we can get one? - new or used.

Paula

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Thanks Roger. will see if I can get that sorted and send to you. Other half is also searching for one.
back soon as poss with pic. not sure if today but will try.

Paula

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Just to confirm Roger - it is the interior step unit we need - it is a plastic moulded job with two steps inside the door ! are you sure you might be able to make one ?
Paula

ps -got to go to bank and post so might not respond soon.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Plastic, no wonder it has broken, was thinking of fabricating one from aluminium with a treadplate step. Never mind I'm sure a proper one in plasic is available. Must admit I saw a number of broken steps at the Carmarthen show, poor design, poor quality materials. it is feasable to repair with treadplate to make it stronger than original.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
hmmmm - well maybe if we cannot find one then I imagine we could cover the split with ali. Good thinking.

The unit as a whole is ok - the bottom step and steop-well itself is rigid black plastic type material and is fine but the rubber around the top the riser (i.e. step up to the floor) has ripped away from the unit. The top step /floor has a little removable mat - poppers on

It is a commonly used unit I think - I am pretty sure I have seen it in other m/h's so SHOULD be available as a whole unit somewhere I am sure. Can't take a decent pic 'cos it is parked against bank and side door too close to open properly and cars behind it right now.

Will keep asking around but your idea of ali section to cover that bit might well work. :thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
having just px a moonstar 570 with the same step in black no what you mean .
have you tried lunar after-sales .
lunar also inport the champ range made by homecar they use the same step
could try them as well.

OP
OP
P

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Thanks dshague
I spent the last couple of days (in between working) trying to find on the net any sort of lunar aftersales or parts contact address but couldn't. Other half also been searching on and off over last couple of weeks. Are they trying to hide it. I heard they (Lunar) dont make M/h anymore - but not sure that is firm. Dont suppose you, or anyone, happens to have a link or contact address or phone etc do you.

Was going to try breakers but your comment seems to imply yours might have been going the same way so maybe that will be similar on any we find from breakers.

Hmm - maybe ali strip / plate would be the way to go afterall wildman !

Paula

clougha7

Free Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Pescara
Exp
Newbies with the same step problem

We have just bought a Lunar 570 SEL with the same broken step problem i e the plastic
Bought it off a guy who purchased it for fishing - used it once for this ! - not really used for the last few years apart from a trip to Spain - it is a 97 P reg - mileage 47,000
Plan is to try to return it to its former glory - starting with changing the roof from "moss green" to its original colour..........broken t v aerial , broken wing mirror etc etc
Really seems to be a lovely Van - purchased because we had a limited budget
So - I would be really intersted in solving this step issue - please keep me posted
Also , did not come with a owners handbook - any ideas where we could get one ?
Many thanks
James

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If its any help

After the firm went bust Home-car was bought by the Dutch firm Kip.
They still use the same parts maybe that whould help..
They all speak English in The Netherlands so no problem.

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back