Interior lights and water pump not working......help please. (1 Viewer)

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
hi all,
I have a Bessacarr E560.
Just arrived at first stop on North Coast 500, hooked up to electric and find that all electrics work except interior lights (entry light works) and water pump. Looked at fuses and they seem fine, any thoughts please.
P.S. they all worked fine last weekend.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Got them turned on ? on the zig thingee? My lights and heater/water warmer are on separate switches

OP
OP
Euphony

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Got them turned on ? on the zig thingee? My lights and heater/water warmer are on separate switches
No clue what your talking about sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Euphony

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
They have seperate controls on the control panel but the don't illuminate when switched on. The control panel is working fine however.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
My guess....
Interior lights work from 12v battery whether on EHU or not....
So I'd be looking at 12v supply...
battery fuse!.. perhaps... if all your orher stuff is working on EHU

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
if the lights and water do not work it sounds like the the fuse box/control unit thinks the engine is still running as the lights and water pump are disabled when driving.

Some of the pre 2009 control panels used on Swift/Bessacar suffer from weird faults. They can lock up and need resetting.

The way to reset is remove display panel (outer trim unclips, then four screw) release two cable connectors (squeeze tab and pull gently) leave unplugged for couple of mins.

I did not have to but I understand sometimes the small watch battery needs to be removed as well, so might be worth doing at same time.

Put battery and plug cables back. It sorted my problem which was control panel not turning on at all.

Worth a try and good luck.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
They have seperate controls on the control panel but the don't illuminate when switched on. The control panel is working fine however.
If you have the same panel as us, then the interior lights button doesn't have an LED, the water pump should light up though. Have you turned the power on first, big button in the middle?

Is this your panel:
IMG_20160930_122800.JPG

OP
OP
Euphony

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Hi, thanks for this but it's a different panel, however as you say the pump light does come on when it works and the interior lights have no green lights. I have switched the panel on (and off several times)but they're all working now.
If you have the same panel as us, then the interior lights button doesn't have an LED, the water pump should light up though. Have you turned the power on first, big button in the middle?

Is this your panel:View attachment 155587

OP
OP
Euphony

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
if the lights and water do not work it sounds like the the fuse box/control unit thinks the engine is still running as the lights and water pump are disabled when driving.

Some of the pre 2009 control panels used on Swift/Bessacar suffer from weird faults. They can lock up and need resetting.

The way to reset is remove display panel (outer trim unclips, then four screw) release two cable connectors (squeeze tab and pull gently) leave unplugged for couple of mins.

I did not have to but I understand sometimes the small watch battery needs to be removed as well, so might be worth doing at same time.

Put battery and plug cables back. It sorted my problem which was control panel not turning on at all.

Worth a try and good luck.
Hi, thanks for your info, this seems to be the most likely cause as I repeated the same processes several times and it randomly worked after about a dozen tries. I'll follow your instructions tomorrow and see what type of battery is in it and get replacements to eliminate that as a potential cause. I'll reset the control panel in the process.
Many thanks for taking the time to help.

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Thank goodness, glad to hear you have light and water. Thank goodness.

My theory is that rather than the battery being low by having a power source present the system can't power down to reset effectively. So by shutting down the system then unplugging panel from the main fuse/control panel it can shutdown. Also if you take out small round silver battery the panel can also power down.

Should you have a more serious issue that reoccurs there is a company that offer a repair/modification service called Apuljack Engineering, if the model number starts NE it is made by Nordelectronica.

I found the Swift wiring diagram for my vehicle to download online, which at least means I could wire a fused temporary feed if all else failed on mine, but don't know how good you are with a multi meter and tools
Hi, thanks for your info, this seems to be the most likely cause as I repeated the same processes several times and it randomly worked after about a dozen tries. I'll follow your instructions tomorrow and see what type of battery is in it and get replacements to eliminate that as a potential cause. I'll reset the control panel in the process.
Many thanks for taking the time to help.

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
:Grin:Huge thanks to ALL that responded to my desperation, problem NOW SOLVED.

Brilliant, problem solved before I could get to the end of reading all previous messages...this is what I genuinely love about this site...!!

Happy Days (y)(y)

Gemma

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
What was the problem with this? Im having the same problem we have a besaacarr cameo we cant get the lights and water pump on, it was working when we went away last, the microwave is working any suggestions??

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What was the problem with this? Im having the same problem we have a besaacarr cameo we cant get the lights and water pump on, it was working when we went away last, the microwave is working any suggestions??
As said previously in post #6, the control panel may have frozen (not literally) and needs resetting.
The microwave is on mains electric so will work, the panel controls 12v circuits.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We have reset the mains but still not working
follow the instructions in the thread above, remove control panel, wait a minute and reinstall

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
We have reset the mains but still not working

It is not the "mains" you have to reset it is the 12 v panel - see posts #6, #7 & #8 :)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Is this your panel:View attachment 155587
This is the panel we have on our Bessacarr e562. It seems that I have to press the cabin light button a couple of times before it activates. Quirky

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Gemma the advice on resetting the control panel is only relevant to newer vans. your problem will likely be the relay fitted to turn off the supply when the engine is running. this can safely be bypassed

sexonwheels

Free Member
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
sexonwheels
I have just bought a Bessacar e562 and can’t seem to get the power sockets to work. I have the same power panel as posted above with the choice of leisure or van battery. The fridge, cabin lights and water pump all work fine but no power to the sockets (or the microwave, which is plugged into a standard socket). Please can anyone advise ? Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have just bought a Bessacar e562 and can’t seem to get the power sockets to work. I have the same power panel as posted above with the choice of leisure or van battery. The fridge, cabin lights and water pump all work fine but no power to the sockets (or the microwave, which is plugged into a standard socket). Please can anyone advise ? Thanks
Have you plugged the van into the mains either at home or on a site? The 240v sockets and microwave only work when plugged in. Think like an extension lead at home, it can't work unless you plug it in and turn it on

sexonwheels

Free Member
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
sexonwheels
So the heaters, lights and water pump work on the leisure battery but the sockets don’t. Is there no way to get them working if we’re “off grid” and not in a van park ? We’re planning a trip to The Malverns GT Classic bike festival in August that’s in a field !

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That is the 12v control panel and does not control sockets.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
So the heaters, lights and water pump work on the leisure battery but the sockets don’t. Is there no way to get them working if we’re “off grid” and not in a van park ? We’re planning a trip to The Malverns GT Classic bike festival in August that’s in a field !
to get mains sockets working off grid you need a very large battery bank and an inverter or a generator. Running an inverter big enough for a microwave will flatten a standard battery in very short order

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back