Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
The blinds on my Winnie are the day and night blinds which slide up and down string..............my problem is the left hand side string has broken :Eeek:

Anyone got any experience repairing them? ie: can I do the job in situ, what needle ect...

Any help please. :Sad:

Boo

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
i have replaced quite a few in our 5th wheel .
Dont know where you might get the cord over here but it should be ready available.

Best to remove the shade and lay it on the floor before stripping it,there is nothing complicated about it just remember which route the cord goes.

We used the biggest darning needle we could get in wal-mart to thead the cord through the holes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
After a couple of years of full-use, our blinds fell to pieces - so we took them out and replaced them with normal domestic 'thermal' roller blinds - worth at least a couple of degrees of retained heat on the most coldest of mornings even with dual-pane windows! Another benefit which we hadn't really foreseen is that Mo can operate the blinds even with her 'disabled' hands.

monacosteve

Free Member
Oct 31, 2007
cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
day night blinds

try this guy Link Removed he sent me a repair kit from the states with a cd of instructions and even told me to send him a cheque after i recieved the goods.
very helpfull.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back