Interesting , to me anyway! (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just received my reich portable weigh machine so obviously had to try it out . I was very apprehensive of the results my benimar 294 has gross weight of 3650 kg and with a full tank of diesel /80 lots of water and all the out side bits ie chairs tables ect. Weighs in at 3400 kg with me in it ,so close to the limit but with a little spare weight capacity for beer / and wife . So happy days :D the offer is still open if any one in the area wants to check their weights .

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I got the portable weighing machine from the Netherlands' dealer after reading about it on here. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but seems a useful piece of kit. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Used mine yesterday weighed van 3 times and each time it was heavier 3339 then 3355 then 3381 quite a difference not sure I trust it? I had actually removed items between weights? don't understand it? Weighed each wheel in the same sequence as well? clever bit of kit but never expected increased results for a decrease in weight?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I have had one for some time. Was the mh in the same position each time? They can be quite effected by any sort of slope.
Yes it was I know it's only an indication of weight but when I went to our local weighbridge it wasn't really suitable for weighing axles on a motorhome as it the bridge was forty foot long with a slight ramp at either end . Now this is just a thought what would everyone do if they where overweight by a small amount and could not reduce weight any more , would you carry on regardless I think I would .

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@Howard H

A little spare for weight capacity for beer/and wife ?????;)

A man has to prioritise when he's only got a certain amount of payload to play with !

The dilemma is easily solved by asking yourself two questions while packing....

Q1) Can you cope without wife for a week ?

Q2) Can you cope without alcohol for a week ?

I rest my case :beerchug: :drink: :cheers: :wine: :D

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Yes it was I know it's only an indication of weight but when I went to our local weighbridge it wasn't really suitable for weighing axles on a motorhome as it the bridge was forty foot long with a slight ramp at either end . Now this is just a thought what would everyone do if they where overweight by a small amount and could not reduce weight any more , would you carry on regardless I think I would .
Of course you would, well i certainly would and probably have done.
But now with my weighing machine and increased capacity I can prepare in advance for filling up wine !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back