Interested in C&CC Temporary Holiday Sites? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can't you get the app on an android device and then tether to your windows phone.

I downloaded onto iPad then use my windows phone to access the internet and tether them when on the road.
Whilst that is obviously one way (logically similar to using a tablet or laptop with a MiFi device) it does tend to negate the purpose of an app, which is to provide an alternative to browser access on a single device. Much easier to use an app on a single Android (or IOS) device, which is carried in the pocket anyway, than juggle two devices :)

One of our sons has a Windows phone and swears by it but that is because all his requirements are catered for by Windows and he doesn't need any apps which are Android/IOS only.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Talking to a very nice man earlier today about one of the above he made me aware of a facebook group called

'The camping and caravanning club - All DA's'

Nothing to do with the actual c&cc - it's run by a couple of blokes who are committee members of one of the DA's.

I've had a quick look and it seems very good (he did tell me the club have tried to buy it:Eeek:) but they've refused as they want to keep it run by members, for members.

Has lots of info about the THS's /DA meets etc.

It is a closed group, so you have to ask to join & they also request an email with a pic of your membership card.

Thought it was worth a mention on here:)
Thank you. That's useful. Going to have a look now.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Debs it's watersides Ths we are at this weekend nice people
Originally had hoped to get down there on this THS for a day or two but not to be:( any chance of a pic or two of the site & the bridge please?(if you are that way)
Cheers

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Whilst that is obviously one way (logically similar to using a tablet or laptop with a MiFi device) it does tend to negate the purpose of an app, which is to provide an alternative to browser access on a single device. Much easier to use an app on a single Android (or IOS) device, which is carried in the pocket anyway, than juggle two devices :)

One of our sons has a Windows phone and swears by it but that is because all his requirements are catered for by Windows and he doesn't need any apps which are Android/IOS only.
Horses for courses Graham. When i'm away i like to use my iPad as i would do at home so make sense to tether to my phone .......that i don't use much on internet.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Horses for courses Graham. When i'm away i like to use my iPad as i would do at home so make sense to tether to my phone .......that i don't use much on internet.
I agree. I have a laptop and Jill has an Android tablet which we use with the MiFi in the van.
We also, though, use our phones when out for the day to connect to the Internet if something crops up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On the subject of C&CC apps, I get on fine with the Out & About app, its the site finder that I have an issue with.

When away in the van I have tried using the app on my phone to find a nearby campsite. Club and listed sites show up okay but if there are a lot of certificated sites in the area I just get a screen like the one in the photos, mainly just an explanation of what a certificated site is over and over again.

I would have thought it would be more useful to show briefly what facilities each site has and the price per night. Also, surely almost everyone has a digital camera of some sort so why no photos? I contacted C&CC about this weeks ago but never got a reply.

Paul

sites.jpg

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Originally had hoped to get down there on this THS for a day or two but not to be:( any chance of a pic or two of the site & the bridge please?(if you are that way)
Cheers

That's a shame I will take some pics later we are on the field nearer the road. So handy for bus stop I prefer other field as it's deeper in forest and better paths.
We had a treat last night with some deer coming within 10ft of van. They had big antlers our grandson was amazed. It was dark and they didn't appear to be bothered by us no photos came out though

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005

Right thanks to Debs but now HOW so you tether your iPad to your phone? My phone and iPad don't speak to each other vie Bluetooth! So I'm going to need some sort of cable am I ?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Right thanks to Debs but now HOW so you tether your iPad to your phone? My phone and iPad don't speak to each other vie Bluetooth! So I'm going to need some sort of cable am I ?
Firstly make sure whatever contract you are on with your phone lets you tether free of charge & be aware of any restriction ie data limit or uk only use etc.

Have a google for setting up a wifi hotspot/thethering for iphone as you'll need to set a password up etc and it might be easier to understand watching a youtube video on how to do it. This will stop anyone else just jumping on & tethering their own device to your phone. you can usually tether up to 5 devices at any one time.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Basically you turn your phone into a wi fi hot spot. No cable or bluetooth. It is easy, believe me , I can do it :D.

Once it's set up each time you turn the hot spot on your Ipad will automatically tether to your phone (once it's done it the first time & you've entered the password)....

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Thanks I will have a look, I have one of these mobile wifi gadgets Heu something or other but haven't used it this year as buying a data only sim is expensive if your not on Internet much when away.
My phone allowance is. 1.5 a month not a lot I suppose but another thing I hardly use is my mobile phone ! Unless away in the van and that is only texting.

I've just downloaded the CCC app it looks very useful. Thanks.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Just re read previous post Deb , I have iPad but phone is Galaxy j3 . Will it still work?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks I will have a look, I have one of these mobile wifi gadgets Heu something or other but haven't used it this year as buying a data only sim is expensive if your not on Internet much when away.
My phone allowance is. 1.5 a month not a lot I suppose but another thing I hardly use is my mobile phone ! Unless away in the van and that is only texting.

I've just downloaded the CCC app it looks very useful. Thanks.
You wouldn't need to tether ipad/phone if you used the huawei mifi (but assume you know that:))...not that I've ever used one:LOL:.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the app as I can't get my head round it...I think I must be missing a trick somewhere as it just puts me off seeing HUUUGE font of about 96pt.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just re read previous post Deb , I have iPad but phone is Galaxy j3 . Will it still work?
Yes....no problems...have you ever used your ipad in maccy D's or any other place that has free wifi???.......that's all you are doing in effect...you are using your phone to create a wifi hotspot....

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
It has loaded well on mine, everything looks normal , C.L are big but searching for sites it's easier than the sites book just pick what area and all little pics with all site details.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
No never In Mcds but I did connect with that mobile thingy I bought a data sim Vodaphone in Germany last year that worked alright.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
:ROFLMAO: I'm going to wait until one of my Sons come they will put me right . Thanks Deb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back