LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Ive only had these 24 hours but here my first impression.

I chargerd them up over night so pleanty of battery power, I left one on scan and five hours later it shows no lowering of the battery state, ( I know most power is used when transmiting but its a more of a guide than a rule :ROFLMAO:)

We took the other two out on the road to test DX/RX, over a few diffent distances, .6 mile in dense housing with lots of trees no line sight 100% ok, .9 mile started to break up but readable same terrain. So Im pleased with that so far. I'll try to do some more testing over the next few weeks.

Whats not so good is my wifes radio ettquette, I told her how to use it, set a channel for her, she called out for a radio test and somebody replied, she jumped up in the air and dropped the radio:ROFLMAO:, a work in progress I think:Eeek:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
update:

Were back form our trip, we had 3 units line astern and radio contact was very good, the units worked better than expected although sometimes close contact was noisy? The radios seemed to work up to couple of miles in open countryside. The rechargeable batteries seems to work fine but then drop right off, so it would the battery power level indicators were not too accurate. All in all well worth it if travelling in convoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back