Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Hi all,
We are toying with the idea of buying a mobile home not too far away from Calais, down along the coast somewhere, mostly for the kids to use.:RollEyes:
Have any of you funsters had one and if so, could you advise me on having it insured. British insurer/French insurer.:thumb:
Thanks, Mike and Annie

Deleted User
We use this firm of brokers who arrange insurance with Generali Assurance,very helpful and speak English. Last year cost around €415 but will probably depend on the value of the mobile home.

Bruno Sellier
Assurances & Placements
9 Place Jean Monnet / 10 Rue du XIV Juillet
16100 Cognac
Tél : 05.45.82.03.20 Fax :05.45.82.34.40
E-mail : cognac@agence.generali.fr

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Most Agents in France only deal with one company - what we used to call 'Tied agents' - hence you will see eg a shopfront with AXA on it, but it isn't really AXA at all, like M Sellier's premises probably have a ruddy great generali sign on the front. Have never worked out it it's a griffon or a sphinx, personally!

You could, quite probably, do a lot worse than AXA. Esp if you want to be French - being as the Generali are Italian. :ROFLMAO: Bloody huge company though. Don't do personal in UK - only corporate. AXA do both but not so good at Global business or anything with a big fat EML.

English incidentally, is the international insurance language - much like flying!

Me - first I'd ask Le Camping if they recommend anyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
May be you could ask Ken and Steph (Ksebruce) who have a static here in France.

I would choose a french insurance cause if having a problem it will be easier to solve it .
And in case you take AXA then give me a shout if any trouble as one of the babies's mum is in charge of the complains... and ... she is half french half irish so no problem with the linguo!:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Really helpful, Matamoros, Sedge and Frankie:thanks2:
Thanks, Mike and Annie

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
May be you could ask Ken and Steph (Ksebruce) who have a static here in France.

I would choose a french insurance cause if having a problem it will be easier to solve it .
And in case you take AXA then give me a shout if any trouble as one of the babies's mum is in charge of the complains... and ... she is half french half irish so no problem with the linguo!:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

I totaly agree with you frankie.....go french insurance

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We were very lucky as we found an English couple doing a barn up and selling their static. To be fair we got it for a song. In fairness once we have the decking done plus siting costs it might be worth insuring at the moment we are not sure. In any case we will use our bank (credit agricole) as we got good deals on insuring our car and motorhome as well as top up medical insurance. We have a lady at the bank who speaks good English and cannot do enough to help us. :thumb:

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We were very lucky as we found an English couple doing a barn up and selling their static. To be fair we got it for a song. In fairness once we have the decking done plus siting costs it might be worth insuring at the moment we are not sure. In any case we will use our bank (credit agricole) as we got good deals on insuring our car and motorhome as well as top up medical insurance. We have a lady at the bank who speaks good English and cannot do enough to help us. :thumb:

Hi Ken,
I was just about to drop you a PM but you got here first!:RollEyes:
We are not worried so much about the loss of a static as we will buy a used one. More a case of will we be required to insure it on a site - and want to be prepared so as not to get suckered into buying insurance at an inflated price.:Eeek:
Mike and Annie
:Cool::Smile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ken,
I was just about to drop you a PM but you got here first!:RollEyes:
We are not worried so much about the loss of a static as we will buy a used one. More a case of will we be required to insure it on a site - and want to be prepared so as not to get suckered into buying insurance at an inflated price.:Eeek:
Mike and Annie
:Cool::Smile:

Yes that is likely and we will insure i am certain. As I say we are lucky as we have a good bank who all our insurances are with so will use them.
You can enquire at your local credit agricole branch. :thumb:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi i bought a static not in France but in Spain , insurance was not a requirement and to be fair we did not even think about it ........lo and behold last July it along with the whole campsite went up in disasterous forest fires . We probably lost about 35000 euro ( car as well!!!) all for the sake of 150-170 euro per year with our Spanish insurer Liberty Seguros who we have used for the replacement . Needless to say what my advice is ....

Alan

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We insure our 'holiday home' with Groupama along with our tractor.

They are fully aware that it is not lived in for more than 6 months in the year but happy to insure against all usual risks.

We use Groupama as the previous owners had too and they knew all the details, but in 7 years have no cause for complaint and found the premiums considering the risk or being empty for much of the time very reasonable.

I think the French understand their own insurance market maybe better than outside insurers, but may be wrong?

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Hi i bought a static not in France but in Spain , insurance was not a requirement and to be fair we did not even think about it ........lo and behold last July it along with the whole campsite went up in disasterous forest fires . We probably lost about 35000 euro ( car as well!!!) all for the sake of 150-170 euro per year with our Spanish insurer Liberty Seguros who we have used for the replacement . Needless to say what my advice is ....

Alan

Yikes, Alan, poor you!:Sad:

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
You will obviously have lots of advice and choice but for what it's worth when we lived in France we used AXA for both house and car insurance and AMV for the camper and had excellent service from both companies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back