Insuring a Self Build Conversion - VW T5 (1 Viewer)

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi

we are just about complete with our conversion and I am now in a pickle as regards what to do with the insurance.

It is currently on a commercial policy - which I realise will now be void as we have made modifications/alterations to it.

I don't want conversion cover as it will be done next week! We are away on the 15 July so the documents wont be back from the DVLA before then. Has anyone had any experience of this kind of thing? I'm not sure whether to wait until next week when I will have the pictures etc to be able to supply or will the insurance want the V5 before the cover commences?

I know one though, I HATE sorting the insurance out for anything!!!

Thanks

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
From the experience of four self builds I would suggest that the insurers will want a copy of the V5C showing 'Motor Caravan' as the body type. However I have always been able to get cover limited to three months whilst the conversion was being completed then having to provide the revised V5C as proof that it is converted. Maybe you can get similar cover that will tide you over until you get the V5C altered, after all no self build is ever complete, you will always find something that you would like to change!

Rod

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back