Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Got insurance sorted yesterday with AIG - £309 (for anyone who's interested) for 90 days European cover (Southern Ireland counts as European for me which is a laugh because they would have no way of knowing if I drive over the border - imagine Scotland being European if you drive across from England) - up to 8000 mileage per year; 2 named drivers (one of whom has 3 points but I won't say which:Blush:)

Neither CC&C wouldn't quote for NI & neither would several other companies and as I needed it in a hurry I didn't have time to price around. Apparently if I was over 60 I would have gotten discount?? And thanks to Jim I got 'massive' discount for being a MHF member though they didn't say how much.

Anyway, I spoke with Nigel & Darren & both were nice guys to talk to so I'm happy to be covered.

Dot

OP
OP
D

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Just up dating as I got an email from the insurance company to confirm insurance but it's the Caravan & Camping Club who refused to give me a quote when I contacted them because of my postcode! How come AIB were able to do it with them??

Dot

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yes, I have spoken to them both and they are great. I'm waiting for AIB to email through a cover note so I can get the tax for my motorhome - hopefully today - as we want to pick up the new-to-us motorhome on Monday. Monday is a bank holiday so the tax will have to be done today. If it doesn't happen we can't pick up the motorhome until Friday :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back