Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by dotplus6, May 1, 2014.

1. dotplus6

dotplus6 Read Only Funster

Got insurance sorted yesterday with AIG - £309 (for anyone who's interested) for 90 days European cover (Southern Ireland counts as European for me which is a laugh because they would have no way of knowing if I drive over the border - imagine Scotland being European if you drive across from England) - up to 8000 mileage per year; 2 named drivers (one of whom has 3 points but I won't say which:Blush:)

Neither CC&C wouldn't quote for NI & neither would several other companies and as I needed it in a hurry I didn't have time to price around. Apparently if I was over 60 I would have gotten discount?? And thanks to Jim I got 'massive' discount for being a MHF member though they didn't say how much.

Anyway, I spoke with Nigel & Darren & both were nice guys to talk to so I'm happy to be covered.

Dot

2. dotplus6

dotplus6 Read Only Funster

Just up dating as I got an email from the insurance company to confirm insurance but it's the Caravan & Camping Club who refused to give me a quote when I contacted them because of my postcode! How come AIB were able to do it with them??

Dot

3. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Yes, I have spoken to them both and they are great. I'm waiting for AIB to email through a cover note so I can get the tax for my motorhome - hopefully today - as we want to pick up the new-to-us motorhome on Monday. Monday is a bank holiday so the tax will have to be done today. If it doesn't happen we can't pick up the motorhome until Friday :cry: