Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Flyingscotsman2, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

Morning guys it's that time of year again renewal time for the insurance any suggestion who's doing the better deals at the min I am with ic insurance thanks guys

2. Bellini

Bellini Funster

I use Adrian Flux. They gave me the best deal this year in my case.

3. Larby

Larby Funster

Just queried imminent renewal with Comfort. Advised MH now secure site rather than drive as about to move and no parking for MH.
    The young lady (Lauren Bones, I know they read this forum!) re-adjusted the quote which was ready to be sent this week. NOW LOWER!
    Mentioned Solar Panel now fitted, far from fuss, included it in valuation.
    So MH insurance now lower at around £290 which includes European breakdown cover as well. MH weighs in over 3500kg.
    Saga were too dear, treated Solar panel as un-acceptable as not part of their modificatiion list:Eeek:.
    Sent me letter saying they were unable to help. Obviously can do without my money.
    Some firms can save me £200 on my car insurance they say, I rang some and asked how ? as I have just paid £159 again.

4. maison

maison Funster

This year with Camping and Caravan Club as they were cheapest for Continental 90 day+ cover.

5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I think it differs so much it is hard to say one company is better then another. I was recommended company X as cheapest - but it wasn't for me, had to go with company Y. Your postcode, medical issues, claims history and the colour of socks being worn all play a significant part I think.

You can but ring round the companies suggested, but of course beware the quote which seems too good to be true.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I concur with Mr BeeKeeper - it depends whether you want all singing & dancing or bog standard basic.

I just renewed with Saga for £95, fully comp & NCD protected. I don't do foreign and have AA cover separately.

Incidentally I've also just insured my old Skoda with Saga and that was £118 including business use.

7. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

M

Am not old enough for saga