Insurance

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by Jackomet, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Can't beleive it it's come round to that time again. At present with Camptons but will only insure both Nav & 5e,r but if using it in Europe for apprx 10 months/year (as we do) the cost gets pretty heavy. Had to use them last year because of time contraints, now looking around.
    Advice please?
    JK

2. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi, I moved too Insurance Choice last week. They were £125.00 cheaper than the renewal quote from my previous insurer. Dont know whether they do 5ers but is worth a call. They are site sponsors and give 10% discount. There number is on here, just give them a ring.

Jim
    :Smile:

3. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Yeah, you can do me a favour mate cos mine's not far off either:BigGrin:.
    Ring Helen at NFU Mutual (Louth). She was brilliant on the phone with me last year and was honest enough to explain that last year, they weren't competative enough cos the underwriters had re-written the policy so that it didn't cover the Nav and rig in one package.
    She was hoping that they could sort it out for this year and I'm hoping she has cos I consider that Camptons SHAFTED me last year!!!!!:Angry:
    They were SPECIFICALLY told that I needed the Nav covered for commuting and said it would be OK.
    When the policy came back, it said NO COMMUTING !:Angry: Bl**dy good job we've got ffi''s little Citreon to use or we'd have been stuffed!:Angry:

Z

4. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

5. LesAshmore

LesAshmore Read Only Funster

I have just insured My 5er Unit for Fully Comp new for old, up to 38000 for 303 at Park Home Insurance Services on 01892 784059, My Navara is Insured elsewhere and all together for both it total just over 600 but that includes my Wife and Kids also to drive Navara.

:thumb:

6. algill

algill Funster

Our 5ver is insured with 4Site Insurance. Cost just under £350.

Pick up has to be done separately as it's a company vehicle.

Sounds like Les got a good deal at £303. Will be checking that one out at renewal date.

Gill