Insurance Warranty WARNING (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
The new motorhome I purchased came with a fully all singing insurance warranty and no worries included, what a laugh. My Alde heating decided to burst and spill it's glycol contents over the van interior. After calling my local repairer he promptly came out and drained the system to avoid more damage. By now the cabinet work along the radiator mount was ruined alond with the carpet . In order to access the problem, timber framing had to be cut to gain entry to the problem parts.
I contacted the insurance company (premium rate call) who asked the repairer to contact them with a breakdown of parts and the costing. This he did and the total cost was £700 including a new carpet at £300. After a while the insurance company rang back and agreed to honour the claim and would pay £125 towards the cost. The word cowboy and bandit come to mind. I contacted my dealer who wasn't surprised as nearly all insurance warranty companies do not pay. He classed it as a very profitable con which was full of small print. He also stated that he paid over £240.000 earlier this year to them for warranties but most claims were not honoured.
So no matter who supplies the insurance warranty they are probably crooks making lots of bucks out of us mugs. If anyone requires names of any company above please let me know. I will also provide a copy of the small print.:thumb: Willjoy

I

itinerant

Deleted User
So no matter who supplies the insurance warranty they are probably crooks making lots of bucks out of us mugs. If anyone requires names of any company above please let me know. I will also provide a copy of the small print.:thumb: Willjoy
Yes a friend of mine sums it up by saying that in her experience insurance small print is cleverly worded such that only about 25% of the percieved cover is actually provided. I believe your best cover is under the sale of goods act which doesn't necessarilly peter out after 12 months. Whatever the case you often need to bring disproportionate pressure into play in order to get proper recompence. This has resulted in the police being called in two instances where I had to press my case.:Angry:
Cheers and good luck

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
name and shame. As it was a new van I assume your dealer sorted you out for free?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Issuing an insurance based warranty does not absolve the actual supplier from any warranty obligations.

They are only any good if you go back to the supplier and request that they rectify, it will then be up to them to fight the battle with the insurers and if they fail, then they still have to rectify.

You can still go back to the supplier.

Good Luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back