LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our insurance is due for renewal on 2nd May so I phoned a couple of places.... C&CC (Vantage) were the pits, very unhelpful, couldn't be bothered, said they only ever did 4 years NCD and that was all we would get from anyone - then wouldn't quote because Martin has a medical condition reported to DVLA even though it's been fully controlled for over 10 years.

We called AIB (brokers) who organised everything last year and what a difference! Darren couldn't have been more pleasant, phoned back twice to clarify a couple of things and came up with a quote we are very happy with so we didn't even go anywhere else. So that's sorted for another year - MOT done, hab check on Friday, VED done on a DD.

Unless anything else happens we will be away this weekend for 10 days which is the longest we have been away in this van. :) Can't wait!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I've gone with AIB again this year Darren rang the week before the renewal was due and he had got me a good quote so renewed with them. Always helpful and courteous on the phone a pleasure to deal with.
Hope you have a good break @Puddleduck .....where are you going?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I'm with the c&cc as for all sorts of reasons, lot of companies won't even give me a quote....self build,only vehicle, kept in the street etc..
I give AIB a try this time..
Hope you enjoy your trip and weather is good...
Ta andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Starting at Elm Beds near my son's as he wants us to help out as he does his garden ..... Martin will NOT be doing anything except playing with the grandson (who is 2 today) and I will be helping with what I am able to.... as we are then having Grandson whilst Oli is away the following weekend (and Emma had already booked a girls' weekend) there is no point in coming home so Ravensglass for a couple of days and then we are not sure... might have another couple of days in Ravensglass or go on somewhere else.

There is always family history :) :) My Mum's family can be traced back to Westmoreland so I might see what I can find. Tea at Farrer's in Kendal might be nice so maybe a couple of nights nearby?????

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Did your wind damage claim not affect the renewal premium? I would always expect to stay with current insurers in the year of any claim

Glad you seem to be sorted so easily, we are another in praise of AIB (y)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Did your wind damage claim not affect the renewal premium? I would always expect to stay with current insurers in the year of any claim

Glad you seem to be sorted so easily, we are another in praise of AIB (y)

It took us down two years of NCD but made very little difference as we had the maximum NCD anyway. The premium was up slightly but not nearly as much as I expected :) . We insured through AIB last year so they had all the details which made things easy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back