Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
:madder::madder:Argghhh I am so annoyed and sorry just need to vent.....

I took out insurance for my MH on 19/6 paid the £72 deposit and cancelled on the 23/6 to take out a better policy.

I rang before cancelling and was told that they would take out a £20 admin fee and the cost of cover for a few days but this wouldn't be much and that I would receive about half back.

I rang today to chase the refund as it hadn't been received and was told that I actually owe them £9!! for 3 days cover. I told her what I had been told and she just said if I didn't pay it, it would be handed over to a debt collection agency. I am fuming. If I was told this in the first place I wouldn't have cancelled the policy as it wouldn't have been cost effective do so. She said the girl I original yspoke to was being trained and wasn't fully understanding the procedure. So because they cant train their staff properly I am at least £72 out of pocked. :madder:

OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
It works out the same as the old one with money I have lost but new policy includes breakdown, legal cover etc where the other one didn't. I don't mind losing the money I have paid, but its just the fact they are threatening me with a debt collection agency for £9, surely they can admit their mistake of the badly trained staff member and dissolve the £9 charge as I admitting my mistake by losing deposit.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
I was told I had 14 days to cancel and they would only take their £20 admin fee and the 3 days cover which wouldn't be much on a pro rata basis. Now they are saying I have to pay a DD set up fee even though I never signed the DD agreement, and other cancellation fees

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
Add to that the fact that they sent me a cancellation notice and it didn't state that I had to pay any further fees

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Tell us what the name of the Company is. Then tell them that you have opened a discussion on a Motorhome Forum and the Members are waiting to hear how the situation was resolved.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not write to them with the facts that you've stated above and say how unhappy you are with their service and that if it is not resolved to your satisfaction you will refer them to the ombudsman ... should do the trick!

Upvote 0

Deleted User
I have recently sold my vehicle and phoned Adrian Flux to cancel the policy. I was told that there is no pro rata refund on the policy even though it has only been running for approx. 6 months but they were kind enough to say they wouldn't charge me the cancellation fee of £25 !. After a few heated, but polite, words they agree to refund me approx. 20 % of the original insurance cost.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Oh blimey, I'm with Staveley Head and cancelled my insurance last month as I sold our camper and have not ye received the new one we ordered. They said they will transfer the balance over to the new policy................will have to wait and see what happens next week when we get the new one. :whistle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
so she rang me back....basically she said the original girl could not give me an accurate figure of credit/debit as they wouldn't know until they got the refund from the insurer. So it is literally pot luck as to what you might owe/get back! I known its only £8 but its just the fact they are wanting £80 for 4 days cover and wont waive the fee due to the vague/incorrect information I was given when I cancelled. It doesn't even state that there may be further charges on the cancellation letter.

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
so she rang me back....basically she said the original girl could not give me an accurate figure of credit/debit as they wouldn't know until they got the refund from the insurer. So it is literally pot luck as to what you might owe/get back! I known its only £8 but its just the fact they are wanting £80 for 4 days cover and wont waive the fee due to the vague/incorrect information I was given when I cancelled. It doesn't even state that there may be further charges on the cancellation letter.
If you have a twitter account or a facebook account get your grievance on there..........let the world know you are not pleased with them....... Who is it...oh yes..... Staveley Head..........i'll keep this in mind.

Upvote 0

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
If you have a twitter account or a facebook account get your grievance on there..........let the world know you are not pleased with them....... Who is it...oh yes..... Staveley Head..........i'll keep this in mind.

Staveley Head a name possibly to remember and avoid?

Here is their Face Book link https://www.facebook.com/StaveleyHead?fref=ts

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sold a motorbike yesterday.
Rang insurer today to cancel policy 8 months left to run. Didn't expect a refund it was only £70.00 but didn't expect £53.00 cancellation charge either. Made a fuss spoke to her superior got charge waived and £12.00 refund.
Gotta stand up to em.

Upvote 0

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Good luck with that. Took the FSO 2 years to sort out my PPI claim

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
There have always been hefty short period rates on Private Motor insurance - Sun Alliance, for instance - used to keep at least 60% of the annual premium going back to approx. 1980. At that time Sedge had never seen this before in all the years she'd worked there since the mid 60s, always in non Motor classes.

Where a Broker is a cover-holder for an insurer, the T & Cs can and often do, differ quite a lot from the insurer's 'normal' terms.

All of them should supply a full specimen policy and you DO have to read the small print, the same as any other legal document. Normally such brokers have a standard script they either MUST read to you - or sometimes they do it by recorded message. Yes - it's bloody tedious - but ignore it at your own risk.

QED.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
UPDATE......I had a reply from Staveley Head on my Facebook review asking for my contact number, a short while later a helpful lady call Julie rang me to say she would look into it and get back to me. She rang back and I missed the call but she left me a message to say that they would dissolve the outstanding charge of £9 and not only that, they would refund me £47 as well!! just shows, it pays to stand your ground with these companies.:D(y)(y):D

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Power to the people......result(y)(y)(y)

That Staveley Head insurance mob don't half mess you around if you wish to cancel....beware............:whistle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back