Insurance Renewal - Flat Rated Policy (1 Viewer)

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
I have been getting a few quotes together as the motorhome insurance is due 1st Feb & a quote has come back £115 cheaper than my existing ins renewal. It gives better cover all round but its a 'flat rated' policy meaning that no NCB is given. I asked for an explanation & this is what the broker said;

The benefit is that a customer is credited with the equivalent of a maximum NCB at the outset. Furthermore, a single claim or possibly two minor ones will not affect the premium by losing NCB following a claim. In addition, where NCB has been earned it may be transferred to alternative vehicle as it is not required for this policy

Has anyone had any experience of this type of policy?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
all Comfort policies are of this type.. it "may"! be an issue if you decide to renew with another company in later years. but, i am told that provided you can show evidence of insurance and that you have not made a claim then it is likely you will be credited with the no claims by your new provider.

been with comfort for 3 years now no issues:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Highway (part of Liverpool Victoria) also use these 'Net' policies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
When looking for renewal insurance last year got a quote from comfort and tried to discuss it with the caravan club. Didn't get anywhere, seems insurance companies (non flat rated) charge extrasolar that they can give you a no claims discount?

Must confess was a bit sceptical to start with at the significantly cheaper quote. Actually quite a bit less than CC including European recovery (breakdown/recovery can be an issue if MH over 3500kg or 7m). Was impressed with service at start with phone call to advise contact & claims numbers pending issue of documents.

This years renewal will tell. I guess.:Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have wondered before whether it might be possible for say a club to get a fleet insurance for the benefit of its members so saving money for all. obviously the opt into the scheme would be covered by an enhanced membership fee. pretty much like negotiating a bulk discount

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back