Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
I am a newbie
:helpsos: I am new to this site and motor homes, but I am purchasing a 1994 Fiat Ducato 2.5 turbo diesel engine motor home. I went for a older vehicle for two reasons; first it was cheaper and secondly I am not sure that I will find living in a motor home the way for me to go.

Well anyhow, what insurance should I get and what company is best? Currently, I live in France and will do a majority of my traveling in continental Europe. The motor home will be MOT'ed in the UK with a UK registration. Additionally, I am an American.

A friend mentioned something about breakdown insurance. Is there any other insurance I should get?

Please help!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hopefully someone who lives in France will answer your question. Most of us tour in France but our insurance is UK. Popular ones are Caravanguard and Comfort but probably not available with a French address.

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
there are a few on here with FRANK PICKLES

Good deals and understands most issues probably yours,
im with them and find them helpfull. and the best price,
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not all insurers will cover 365 days a year out of the uk, and if you spend more than 6 months i think it is out of the uk with the van in one visit you are classed as exporting the van. you then need to register in france and pay french tax etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back