Insurance questions

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by fletch_lives, Mar 2, 2014.

1. fletch_lives

fletch_lives Read Only Funster

:helpsos: I am new to this site and motor homes, but I am purchasing a 1994 Fiat Ducato 2.5 turbo diesel engine motor home. I went for a older vehicle for two reasons; first it was cheaper and secondly I am not sure that I will find living in a motor home the way for me to go.

Well anyhow, what insurance should I get and what company is best? Currently, I live in France and will do a majority of my traveling in continental Europe. The motor home will be MOT'ed in the UK with a UK registration. Additionally, I am an American.

A friend mentioned something about breakdown insurance. Is there any other insurance I should get?

Please help!

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Hopefully someone who lives in France will answer your question. Most of us tour in France but our insurance is UK. Popular ones are Caravanguard and Comfort but probably not available with a French address.

3. geo glasgow

geo glasgow Read Only Funster

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

not all insurers will cover 365 days a year out of the uk, and if you spend more than 6 months i think it is out of the uk with the van in one visit you are classed as exporting the van. you then need to register in france and pay french tax etc