Insurance question

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Geordies, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Just been talking to the guy next door, who owns a caravan. He was saying that it is a condition of his insurance that he has to wheelclamp his caravan while it is stood on a campsite and that he believes that the same applies to Motorhomes.

This obviously entails carrying a wheelclamp around, which I don't really want to do.

Is this correct, or is he just confused ?

If it is correct, then presumably you'd have to wheelclamp the MH even if you'd parked up and gone into Tescos ??

2. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

different insurers apply different stipulations to their policies, check terms and conditions of your own policy to ensure wether you comply with yours . no two policies are exactly the same !

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

A Wheel Clamp is a caravans Immobiliser
    Your Motorhome has a factory built in Immobilser :thumb:

I have never seen or heard of the need to wheel clamp any motor vehicle for insurance requirements, and there are vehicles out there worth ten times any motor home
    So IMO he is misinformed I fear:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

waste of time anyway.....a proffesional thief will have it removed in under a minute

• Like Like x 1
  5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

just a thought to cover yourself should your insurers be complete pillocks and insist on a clamp......give them a ring and ask. :thumb:

• Like Like x 2