Insurance - nice surprise!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jaygee, Jun 4, 2014.

1. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Just had my renewal from Safeguard and it's £30 cheaper than last year:thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  2. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi Jaygee,

That still shouldn't stop you making enquiries. You never know, someone may offer you even more!!!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. jaygee

jaygee Funster

did lots of research & getting quotes last year and Safeguard came up trumps not only on price but on what they covered which is why I went with them so would have been quite happy to renew with them expecting the price to go up but was a nice surprise when it didn't!
    It's not always about the price although obviously it's an important factor:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. EthnGeoff

EthnGeoff Funster

Oddly enough, same thing happened to me this year with Caravanguard, very strange indeed!!:Confused:
    Geoff.

5. philw111

philw111 Funster

I got discount on my renewal price by adding OH as a named driver - she never drives it (says it's too big).:thumb:

6. steevie

steevie Funster

I have come across that before.....putting your spouse/partner on actually drops the price.

7. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Beware if you put another named driver on the insurance and they don't / won't drive the vehicle. If the main driver can't drive for any reason the vehicle won't be repatriated as there is a named driver to bring it home....... that could be why the cost goes down when you add another driver.

Personally I've never had a problem driving big vehicles. One of the things on my bucket list is to drive an HGV .... just the once and not far but just to "have a go", after all if I can drive a motorhome the size of a bus how hard can it be?

• Like Like x 1