wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Having changed from my Ford Transit Buccaneer to my Fleetwood Jamboree my insurers Shield told me they don`t really cover RV s as such but they would transfer the last two months. So, did a search on tinternet to see what came up AIB quoted £1400 cos it is my first American MH so it is more expensive. Shield then send me a renewal proposal for £752, so Adrian flux gives me everything I need for £520, "That`s ok who is that with?" Oh says the bloke Equity Red Star why do you ask.
"Cos they just quoted me £752." Ah well he says different brokers get different deals Hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Just remembered back in 1979 I went from a ford granada to a metro as we sold our caravan so didnt need a big motor, insurance went up by about £120 work that one out :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
IMHO 3rd party insurance, which is a legal requirement, should be at a fixed price, and set by the Ministry, as is the maximum cost of an MOT.

If you want all the bells and whistles as well, then that would be between you and your broker.

I also think that the vehicle itself should be insured, not the driver, much as they do in many other countries.

:cooler:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I informed my Insurance company that my car would be kept at the property in the Isle of Dogs, so the premium went up by around £230 pa.

Due to a change in circumstances I decided to keep the car in Grimsby for the foreseeable future.

I rang them to change this and guess what? The premium remained the same, at £230 dearer.

No explanation at all was forthcoming.

I know who won't get my business next year.

They are Green and have a heart in their ad.logo.

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back