Insurance, Joke.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by wasp, Jul 1, 2015.

1. wasp

wasp Funster

Having changed from my Ford Transit Buccaneer to my Fleetwood Jamboree my insurers Shield told me they don`t really cover RV s as such but they would transfer the last two months. So, did a search on tinternet to see what came up AIB quoted £1400 cos it is my first American MH so it is more expensive. Shield then send me a renewal proposal for £752, so Adrian flux gives me everything I need for £520, "That`s ok who is that with?" Oh says the bloke Equity Red Star why do you ask.
    "Cos they just quoted me £752." Ah well he says different brokers get different deals Hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Insurance is a total rip off always has been. They know you need it and price accordingly. Time something was done about it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Just remembered back in 1979 I went from a ford granada to a metro as we sold our caravan so didnt need a big motor, insurance went up by about £120 work that one out :(

4. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I don't have a single good word to say about any insurance company.

I compare them very unfavourably with bankers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

IMHO 3rd party insurance, which is a legal requirement, should be at a fixed price, and set by the Ministry, as is the maximum cost of an MOT.

If you want all the bells and whistles as well, then that would be between you and your broker.

I also think that the vehicle itself should be insured, not the driver, much as they do in many other countries.

:cooler:

• Like Like x 3
  6. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

I informed my Insurance company that my car would be kept at the property in the Isle of Dogs, so the premium went up by around £230 pa.

Due to a change in circumstances I decided to keep the car in Grimsby for the foreseeable future.

I rang them to change this and guess what? The premium remained the same, at £230 dearer.

No explanation at all was forthcoming.

I know who won't get my business next year.

They are Green and have a heart in their ad.logo.

:cooler:

• Like Like x 1
  7. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Lazy Vultures ?(y)

• Like Like x 1