Insurance for rv+car+trailer (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
:cry:Afternoon of giving details time after time only to find that there doesn't appear to be a company (other than NFU) willing to insure our rv, car and trailer on one policy - or do any Funsters know something I've missed?Seems sensible to be to have all three on one policy but I'm beginning to doubt my sanity.

Jan

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
:cry:Afternoon of giving details time after time only to find that there doesn't appear to be a company (other than NFU) willing to insure our rv, car and trailer on one policy - or do any Funsters know something I've missed?Seems sensible to be to have all three on one policy but I'm beginning to doubt my sanity.

Jan

Go with the NFU then!
Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

billyfreda

Free Member
May 2, 2009
ashford, kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
6 months
Rv insurance

NFU, will not give you breakdown recovery, they will only do insurance for the RV.

Regards, billyfreda

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
NFU, will not give you breakdown recovery, they will only do insurance for the RV.

Regards, billyfreda

So you join the 3C's and then get RAC arrival breakdown cover, that's what I did anyway when I was with NFU.

Olley

D

Deleted member 6950

Deleted User
Hi Jan,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm trying to pickup some of the lingo in the forum, so that I can understand better what all this means.:Confused:

Could you let me know what you mean by rv+car+trailer. Is this similar to a 5er or is it a car or rv pulling a trailer?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Richard
In this instance It is an American RV pulling a trailer with a car loaded on it the car is normally used when the RV is sited
These cars when pulled with an A Frame as opposed to on a trailer are normally refereed to as "Toads"
If you see a post saying I have my "Toad on a Trailer you should take that to mean he/she has a car in tow one way or another:RollEyes:
the problem we experience is getting The "Toad insured fully Comp when its being A framed or carried, apparently it becomes Goods in transit if on a trailer and even its own fully comp insurance may not cover it
Whats your slant on that
Geo

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi I am with Caravan Guard for my van they told me when I asked to Insure the trailer that I had £1000 cover on the trailer with my van cover,:thumb: Peter

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes the odd one's do cover trailers
Have you checked what cover your little car has when its loaded Peter:winky: It could be 3rd party only:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back