Insurance for 'antiques'

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by stcyr, Aug 12, 2013.

1. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Our 1991 MH (A-class) is currently insured through the CC, with Devitts. Has 9 months 'European cover' and no breakdown cover. (Got Adac, 79 euros p.a.). This year's cover was £205, plus the membership of CC obviously.

Have car covered by Saga - £144 f.c. with 12 months continental cover (no breakdown as all vehicles covered by Adac) - last year was the first time Saga came out best & cheapest.

Went to get an on-line quote from Saga for the MH after receiving much blurb from them since we insured the car with them, only to find their 'age of motorhome' only went back to 1994...

Has anyone got any actual examples/recommendations of comparable or better cover for a similar price - or less - offering 365 day Europe cover preferably? I'm looking for comparable cover/price without having to pay for CC membership to qualify - rather spend that 50 or so quid on something else!

Any ideas will be gratefully received ... :Wink:

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I gave up with trying to get personal insurance years ago.

I'm sorry .... just realised it's your m/h is the antique not you. :Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

My RMB is a 1990 and am insured with Saga and have breakdown cover with them. I do have other vehicles insured with them including my boat so maybe they don't want to lose my custom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Ta, I'll give Saga a ring - got car insured with them at the mo....

5. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

Mine's on a classic car policy from Highway. Yes, they do know it is a motorhome!

I doubt they would cover 365 days in Europe, though, and yours probably isn't old enough anyway. TBH, I doubt you'll get it much cheaper than you've managed anyway.

• Like Like x 1