Insurance docs in the Balkans? (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Going up through Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Croatia tomorrow. I believe that you have to show insurance docs at borders or they will insist on selling you some.

I have the certificate on paper BUT the green card was emailed and I only have in on screen. What do you think?

Dick

Deleted User
We had to pay a backhander to the Guard as we entered Macedonia, wasn't interested in our insurance docs, and we didn't have a green card started at 150 euros, eventually got him down to 50.

We thought we could buy the green card officially at the boarder, but nothing to show where to go and when I questioned the guard where I could go to buy it, which office, he insisted it was payable to him, no cards just cash.

Lin :)

Edit if you have an official receipt electronically could try it maybe insist on speaking to a higher officer.
We crossed via Serbia, might be easier from Albania.

Last edited by a moderator:

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Entered via Macedonia ast year. They kept our passports at the border booth, then we drove through to the office and they charged 50 euros for the 3rd party insurance, we then walked back to the border booth and picked up our passports

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back