Insurance con-they get better

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by wiljoy, Apr 14, 2014.

1. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

After reading various reports from Funsters last year about some insurance companies NOT supplying you with proof of NCB, I have just experienced this new con for myself.
    After being with The Insurance Factory ( Oxford) for two years they are now begining to increase there prices quite a lot so I thought I would do some shopping around.
    Simple you may say, not so. As they WILL NOT supply my 10 years + NCB any new policy I take out starts from zero NCB. After a very lengthy chat with Safegueard, who do not condone this practice, they suggested I contact the last company to supply me with my proof. In 2010/11 I was with Saga and afer explaining the situation they sent me proof of NCB upto then which was 10 years. Safeguard were happy to accept this and gave me a very competative price, which is normally not like them. So after a few days of anger and frustration I have my NCB back and will NEVER again trust the so called others. Always ask before you buy if they use this new con of not providing bonus proof, if so avoid as you may not be as lucky to retrieve your proof.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Thanks for the warning.

3. BgClick

BgClick Funster

I was under the impression that NCB didnt have the same impact as it does for motor cars?

4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I'm not sure it's wise to use the word "impact" when negotiating motor insurance.:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. fatbuddha

fatbuddha Read Only Funster

although I have a number of years NCD on my motorhome, I was told last year when making a claim through my insurers, Comfort, that they do not operate like NCDs on a car. if I wanted to retain my NCD discount, I'd have to pay a small premium (c£40 I think) as a one-off to retain a status quo. I did and my premium for this year has hardly moved.