Insurance company not allowing 2 Motorhomes to be insured to one name (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Further to the thread recently posted, I asked C&CC today what possible reason was there for this strange restriction. Apparently, it is because two high value motorhomes on someone's drive would be too attractive to potential thieves. (I'd have thought that the high or low postcode crime area would cover that). The operative also said that this restriction is a common rule in motorhome insurance. It was confirmed that I could insure the one vehicle with them but not the two, and their cover on the one would be valid, but both would be invalidated if both insurances were with them. I cheekily suggested that I could park each motorhome on different drives, as we have two drives. I also said that the new motorhome is of course high value, but the old one is quite low. Still no joy. Today I phoned a number of companies for a quote, and all said that this restriction did not apply to their cover.

If it is a common restriction, then quite a number of people are driving around without proper cover.

I least I did get some sort of reason. But it still seems a daft rule to me.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had two Motorhomes insured with NFU - due to buying/selling
No problem with cover

No different than any other multi vehicle insurance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I had two with MHF (Aviva) no issues.. same as above bought a new van and held on to old one to get a better price by selling private.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I insured two with SAGA...

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Comfort will.cover 2 as well, whilst one is up for sale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Its a good job you don't own two Ferraris.

It would't surprise me if the real reason they can't do it is that their IT systems can't support two different motorhome policies at the same address.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back