Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
word of warning bitter experience MARKERSTUDY INSURANCE use at own risk

That's the case with any insurance company, my advice would be do your homework first and reduce the risk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Well AIB have something to answer to as they are putting Fun clients with markerstudy.

Deleted User
Insured the fiver and pickup with them through Camptons, they were quite cheap but that was not the primary reason, they were the only ones that would insure the complete rig as a motorhome with the conditions that I required.

Never had to make a claim though, hope I don't have to, pickup going soon so a change may be in the offing.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I am almost sorry I asked for further details.

How can any company treat customers like that and still survive?

Horrifying!:eek:

Deleted User
The only way of "rating" an insurance company is the ease of their claims process.

The ones that try and "wriggle" out of paying up aren't worth doing business with (you have enough on your plate when you need to claim, without battling some corporate behemoth)

People should be more willing to post their experiences online - as this is becoming the only way of purchasing anything with any confidence.

LV travel insurance for instance - paid my recent claim without question, arguments, or any hassle whatsoever (over the phone) I wouldn't now shop elsewhere.

My sister had a total loss on her motorhome which was paid without hassle, by Safeguard.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The only way of "rating" an insurance company is the ease of their claims process.

The ones that try and "wriggle" out of paying up aren't worth doing business with (you have enough on your plate when you need to claim, without battling some corporate behemoth)

People should be more willing to post their experiences online - as this is becoming the only way of purchasing anything with any confidence.

LV travel insurance for instance - paid my recent claim without question, arguments, or any hassle whatsoever (over the phone) I wouldn't now shop elsewhere.

My sister had a total loss on her motorhome which was paid without hassle, by Safeguard.

Absolutely right.

I've got LV home insurance. They recently paid my claim with no problem at all. All sorted over the phone. They also sorted an emergency locksmith and follow up repairs within hours. No question on the value of the losses, they just settled it with minimum fuss.

BMW car insurance and also M&S/Ageas car insurance also performed really well.

None of the above were the cheapest quotes I had for the relevant policies.

Comfort/Aviva for the motorhome on the other hand were a disaster. I ended up losing the will to battle with them, cancelled the claim and sorted things out myself. This was more to do with Aviva than Comfort but apparently when there is no third party involvement (i.e. nobody they can recover their costs from) Comfort refuse to get involved with any claim and leave it to Aviva to handle (badly!) Won't be renewing with them however cheap they are.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The frightening thing about most of those reviews is that the broker stuck them with that shite company, took the money and the owners were buggered. Note to self, find out who is actually insuring your vehicle!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Never a truer word spoken. We have been with Direct Line for many years based purely on the ease of their claims process! In fact my wife's car has just been returned to us after having a new front bumper and drivers wing! Not saying she's rubbish at parking, but it is the 4th new bumper! :crying:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I wonder if @AIBinsurance would like to comment on using Markerstudy for Fun members
I have just checked our insurance through Aib and guess what it is with Markerstudy. Thankfully policy is nearly due for renewal.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just took out insurance with aib they used kgm for my policy the reviews are just as bad and nearly as bad for aviva direct line and the co-op. I think either all insurers are cr*p or the reviews are only written by people who feel their claim was badly dealt with.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
@AIBinsurance ??? .... So you know.... Perhaps you should read the linky provided by... @Judge Mental :)

Sorry don't understand your point, I read the reviews on markerstudy and suggest AIB have some questions to answer as to why they're placing their clients (many of us) with them. Cheap but not so cheerful is probably the answer.

Deleted User
Just took out insurance with aib they used kgm for my policy the reviews are just as bad and nearly as bad for aviva direct line and the co-op. I think either all insurers are cr*p or the reviews are only written by people who feel their claim was badly dealt with.

I think that may be near to the truth.(hope so)

OP
OP
J

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
unfortunatly you dont get to read the policy booklet until after you have bought the insurance then if you want to cancel there would be a administration charge

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Get freemotorlegal.co.uk they should sort out claims like this. and your covered what ever you drive.
Lee

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Sorry don't understand your point, I read the reviews on markerstudy and suggest AIB have some questions to answer as to why they're placing their clients (many of us) with them. Cheap but not so cheerful is probably the answer.

Exactly my point.. It was to bring this thread to their attention (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Quite right but the customer shouldn't be doing anything in the event of a claim , except reporting it. That is why you go through, & pay, a broker/agent . They should be doing all & everything , chasing the claim, the other parties insurers, repairers, everything. Otherwise there's no point in having one.
That's what they get paid for, not arranging insurance you can near enough do that yourself.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our car is with MarkerStudy via AIB. I think we will tell AIB to go elsewhere next year.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But if you look at the reviews who would you ask them to use? the reviews are rubbish for all of them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back