May 12, 2013
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since July 2012
Hi there
I have read the forum with interest and have noted that Safeguard is one of the preferred Insurers for motorhome.
Our Insurance is due in June but we set off travelling at the weekend so need to put our stall in order before we leave the UK.
Unfortunately Safeguard will not quote because our motorhome is not standard:RollEyes:
Can anyone reccomend an Insurer who will quote for a Mercedes Sprinter 616 CDI?

Attachments

• m home.jpg
    m home.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
S

sequinn

Free Member
May 12, 2013
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since July 2012
Insurance

Thanks I tried Comfort but found them more expensive than my current Insurer - any more advice?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
We are with saga for normal insurance,and 2gether for breakdown.1997 merc.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
What's non standard about your van? It looks rather good from the outside:thumb:

Apologies if that's a daft question but the answer isn't obvious to me.:Blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sequinn

Free Member
May 12, 2013
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since July 2012
Insurance

TARAN_LAS The motorhome is not standard because it is not listed on the Insurers list - ie Mercedes Race Trux.... not my rules...
HDVDROD - Thanks for the Saga info - this quote is very competitive I will give them a call in the morning. May I ask why you chose to get breakdown with an alternative company (2gether). Do you take your motorbike(s) with you we are keen enthuasiasts heading for the nurburgring www.motorcyclemover.co.uk

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
saga can do m,bikes now .
mind a m,home with m,bikes in the back is really a living van .that might be yourproblem . might even have the wrong mot.

Last edited:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi, Frank Pickles insurance is a very good company,with lots of help and good rates,also what is it called on your V55 log book,is it called a race truck or has it got windows in the side and beds etc inside so it is a motorhome not a race truck is it you thats calling it a race home if so you have made a mistake,call it a motorhome and check that V55,regards H.

Last edited:

mikempg

Free Member
Apr 3, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
mercedes sprinter class c
Exp
RE 2gether

I had a lot of major problems and ended losing my vehicle with 2gether previously, its worth checking their reviews. I would certainly check your policy details prior to heading off, mine was offered as unlimited, but was actually capped for £1000 at the time, and dire support. It cost me about £120 in mobile calls alone. I had to settle everything through the ombudsman in the end, and lost thousands in vehicle and gear.

Use with serious caution! I'm not one to slate a firm, but can go on 100% first hand on this one!

MPG

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
TARAN_LAS The motorhome is not standard because it is not listed on the Insurers list - ie Mercedes Race Trux.... not my rules...
HDVDROD - Thanks for the Saga info - this quote is very competitive I will give them a call in the morning. May I ask why you chose to get breakdown with an alternative company (2gether). Do you take your motorbike(s) with you we are keen enthuasiasts heading for the nurburgring www.motorcyclemover.co.uk
Hi,yes we take the bike, we have Van Vossen trailer,last year had a V rod but now have street triple,we are off on Sunday for 7 weeks Spain and Portugal planning to do WSB at Portimao when we are there.If I recollect saga wouldn't do the beakdown cover as the MH is too old(1997,but its a merc 2.9 sprinter with only 40000 on the clock)reading the other post re 2 gether doesn't sound too promising,lets hope we dont need it:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back