Insulation screens for A class

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Soozywoozy, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

Any advice re insulation screen for a class for both summer sun and skiing. I have already enquired at silver screens and they do not do one ( would if enough demand for a template) for our motorhome. Everything out there seems to be for the ducato van style.
    We do have internal blinds which too be fair, are pretty good so far, but not tested in great heat or cold as yet and have closed all the black out blinds when out in the day
    We have had for many years an internal pop out screen for land rover, we picked up in France and is fantastic. but is too small for the a class. Is there something similar out there for the motorhome?
    What do other A class owners do - advice please

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We use Silver Screens shame they don't do them for your van as they are very good.
    We ski as well and for skiing your definitely gonna need external screens.

Somewhere on here is a thread about making your own :Eek!: not great I know but may do as a last resort.
    Good luck. :thumb:

3. Geordie and the Dragon

Geordie and the Dragon Funster

We have a Carthago Chic I47 and ordered ours at the Peterborough Show last year from VAN COMFORT

sales@vancomfort.co.uk
    Telephone: 01777 701804
    Fax: 01777 701799

If you order/buy at a show you will usually get a discount, they will come to your van & measure up. They fit on with suction cups & rings so no need for drilling any holes.
    Ours were custom made because they had not yet got a template for our camper, we are very pleased with them a neat and tidy job at a good price.

4. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

I did'nt like the price quoted for a set for the burstner so i kept a eye on ebay for a cheap set for any A Class. They cost me £50 and a bit of modification.