Installing Aires de Service on Garmin, not happening (1 Viewer)

Reetepetite

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May '08
This is driving me nuts!
:shout:
I am trying to install Aires de Service POIs from Camping cars infos .
I am using POI loader, I get to 'congratualations you have installed 2450 files'. But when I check the Garmin, in 'Extras' in Custom POIs, I see 3 headings, All Categories, Aires de Service, and Aires de Service. They all contain the same 60 odd locations:cry:
I've checked the CSV file that is in the zipped folder and it has 1,000s of locations in it, plus there are the files that seem to come with these things.

I don't understand??? And on checking further, of the few that have been installed, several are duplicated.
I have tried removing the POIs, moving the source file and reinstalling, but I get the same result. I'm missing something somewhere. There is enough memory on the Garmin, but I’m thinking maybe I would be better off buying an expansion card and just putting the POIs on that.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This may not be much help, but here goes.
I presume you have all the POI files that you are trying to load in a folder; possibly with sub-folders for specific categories? For example, I have 10 sub-folders, one of which is CC-Infos, contained in my master folder "POIs to Load".

In the CC-Infos folder, you should have six files (assuming Bruno hasn't changed the format since I did it last year). These represent the three classifications of Aires and the accompanying bitmap to display on the Garmin screen (see attached image).

Then, once uploaded, you should see the different sub-folders as categories in your Custom POI selection.
ASV = Aires de Service (Verified)
ACV = Aires de Service on Campsites (Verified)
APV = Aires Parking (Verified) - no services

Philip

Attachments

• CC Infos.jpg
    CC Infos.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Reetepetite

Reetepetite

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May '08
Hi and thanks, I have saved the files to a specific folder, but my files don't match yours. I got them by following links from the CCinfos site - which I can't find now, but the zip file says 'Aires de Service Camping Cars - Garmin 102009' and locations are all CSV files.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Reetepetite

Reetepetite

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May '08
I've just found another source of POI's for Aires from Link Removed

This has given me a list of the different categories, but still not all of them appear on the Garmin. I can see that they are all in the north of France though, will more appear as I move south:Confused:

The way they are listed isn't particularly user friendly, so I am not going to rely on them, I've got 'All the Aires' plus we'll pick up a French guide when we get over there, they won't have sold out yet, probably.

But I will keep tinkering....

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I got the files by downloading direct from CC-Infos (see link). As Bruno does not provide a CSV format, I took the OV2 TomTom versions then ran them through a converter. To locate them, click "Cliquer pour entrer" in the centre of the home page then on the left hand side of the page that opens, under "Les aires camping-car" click "Téléchargement GPS".
You click "Télécharger le Zip" to download the zip file, which contains 8 OV2 files and the matching bitmap icons. Choose which files you want (I just used the three shown before) then convert them. There are some online converters available, or use POIEdit which is free software to download (see second and third links below). Unfortunately for me, POIEdit is not available for a Mac, but if you are a PC user, it's a great bit of software.

Once you have done the conversion, put the csv files and the matching bitmaps in your upload folder and "Bob, hopefully, will be you uncle".

Philip

>> CC Infos <<

>> Online Converter <<

>> POI Edit software etc. <<

OP
OP
Reetepetite

Reetepetite

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May '08
Yup, got it now. I've gone back to the CCI ones and all fine, many thanks, I can't wait to use them now, 3 weeks and counting.....:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

legarasta

Free Member
Feb 20, 2011
portugal
Funster No
MH
Integral
Exp
since 1992
Hey there.

I just followed this, trying to install CC-info poi's on a Garmin Nuvi 660.

When i install them with Garmin's Poi loader it says 14200 (+-) new poi's have been loaded, but when i check on the GPS itself, i can only see some tens in each category. So in total i guess i have arround 200..

Anyone faced this sittuation?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hey there.

I just followed this, trying to install CC-info poi's on a Garmin Nuvi 660.

When i install them with Garmin's Poi loader it says 14200 (+-) new poi's have been loaded, but when i check on the GPS itself, i can only see some tens in each category. So in total i guess i have arround 200..

Anyone faced this sittuation?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

My Garmin is a 1490 but I imagine they all work the same way.

Garmin only shows poi's close to your location, so if in Kent only the ones in N France will be shown. They should be listed by distance from your current location.

If you want to see others tap 'Where to' then 'near' to select another location. The poi's will then show the ones closest to the new location.

For instance, I am in S Spain but if I select London as my location the closest will be canterbury.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back