Installing a 2nd leisure battery

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Linda and Steph, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

Within the current threads concerning gennies and solar there are quite a few suggestions to install an additional leisure battery.

This sounds like a good idea to me but where do you put it; calm down and only sensible answers please (fat chance I bet)? I don't have any spare room in the battery compartment and both front seats swivel, I don't like the idea of putting it in the rear locker under the bed. So where, in a Majestic 165 is suitable for a 2nd battery?

Thanks.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

so do mine, and there is a GEL leisure battery under each seat

3. andy63

andy63 Funster

@steelysteph , if you can be bothered with the inconvenience of removing seats from time to time then under the seats in the plinth is a good place... my van came with the 2 vehicle battery's under the drivers seat and I put two leisure under the passanger.. just check the size that will fit.. I cover mine with a piece of rubber mat before putting seats back.. picture attached....it is tight but works..
    ta andy 2012-02-21104043.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  4. vectian

vectian Funster

Why don't you like the idea of in the rear locker under the bed. Any gas they might give off is no worse than your own gas emissions and I'm sure far less

5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Our current van has 2 leisure batteries under one of the rear lounge/bed settees so there aren't any issues with doing the same - there was one already there when we bought the van (put there by the converter) and we just had another put next to it. Our new van will have 2 leisure batteries under the driver's seat (one there as standard). If you can get them under one of the front cab seats they would be out of the way and not take up any precious storage space.

• Like Like x 1