Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi all,

I'm looking for decent storage for my 8.5mtr van from January in or around the Derby/Nottingham area. I would prefer inside storage if possible but I guess having looked on the web there is not so much of that around. I would travel further for the right storage though.

I've looked at the popular storage websites but really, they don't give any filters and short of clicking on each and everyone I can't tell if they offer inside or not. Also, many of them do not have websites to check out.

If anybody knows of good storage would they be kind enough to let me know. I will need it for about four months I think but I do accept that I may have to pay for the year.

Thanks in advance!

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Many storage places charge for a year upfront and then pro rata the charge if you arrive a few months into the year, you'll be lucky to find one that charges monthly or even quarterly.

We are in the area you mention and looked and looked for relatively decent storage - I could not find any indoor storage, although there may be farmers who will rent out space in a barn somewhere. Insurance might be an issue unless the site is CASSOA rated, though.

Our van is currently on Leisureworld's storage in Hilton, just off the A50 so quite nicely placed for trips North or South. It is CASSOA Gold rated and the site is well secured, you get a key and a keycard to exit. There is a motorhome / caravan shop on site and a tea room, and also Don Amott's Service and MOT centre, making it handy for MOTs and habitation services etc if you want to use them. The sought after spaces on the tarmac area are £440 per annum and the other spaces which have some hardcore but not fully surfaced are £350. They also own a site off Henhurst Hill in Burton, which is Cassoa Silver rated and costs around £300 per annum.

The sites fill up very quickly for the next year, at this time of year, so best to phone now if interested - most sites have a bit of movement at year end and very few spots available throughout the rest of the year.

If you find a decent undercover site please let me know! :Smile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Its worth trying haulage contractors that also do storage. They dont just store pallets of goods. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I know of a site in South Devon which offers inside storage by the week. It would probably cost you about £25 per week for your van. They empty your waste and water tanks as part of the service. Can send details if you want but probably a bit too far from where you live!

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
My inside and heated storage provider in Hampshire charges quarterly, but they're negotiable on the length of stay and you pay accordingly.

blanko

Free Member
Sep 22, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584 Classic
Exp
newbie, started 2014
Hi Cocoro

My van is stored indoors at Belford, Northumberland, www.southmeadows.co.uk
They do a monthly rate of £56 or 6 months for £280

Probably to far away at about 200 miles from Derby but is close to the A1 and is a short bus journey from Berwick-upon-Tweed railway station.

They are very helpful, will cary out habitation services etc and will store your car while you are away in the MH. My insurance company were happy with their security arrangements

milpol1

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Earth
Funster No
MH
2013 Hymer
Exp
Since 2011
I know of a site in South Devon which offers inside storage by the week. It would probably cost you about £25 per week for your van. They empty your waste and water tanks as part of the service. Can send details if you want but probably a bit too far from where you live!
Can you send me details please, live Plymouth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back