Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
No - we are currently parked at Abbey Wood which is inside the London Emission Zone (LEZ) and there have been plenty of motorhomes with us.

But do check the rules as non-compliance can be expensive.

Link Removed

:Smile:
Keith

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
As Keith said.

Easiest way to check on that site is go to 'Compliance Check' and enter vehicle reg no.

My bMH is parked outside my house in SW London

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
m 25

our boxer 1999 is o k till nov 2012 then it will cost me 200 sqid a time,, then i have a good reason for not visiting ,, i work for a recovery garage nr winchester, but our trucks are old ford cargos, we have lost thousands as we cant take vehicles in to zone, and insurance companys will not pay yhe toll, beware though, so many places are going this way,,, berlin is one, think manchester is very soon,,, raises a point of interest here,, if i take my bike off the back and tow m/home in,,, is that legal,,,, now before you say dont be silly, you cant tow with a bike,, its not a cycle bike,, its a huge massive giant 50cc, just cos i am on here dont meam i an daft:shout::shout::shout:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
lez

Interesting website that, just checked ours and we are ok but only until 3rd Oct 2010.:Confused:

Mind you it will be ok for Boris to install 22000 charging points for those silly little electric cars, so he might well lower the emissions in inner London but all the power stations charging the little cars will be poluting the rest of the country.

The man is an idiot, electric cars will help driving short distance in London but anyone who owns one and wants to travel further outside of the big city will also have to own a non electric car, doooh Boris.:Doh:

Wouldn`t the better solution if these do gooders really wanted to clean up our carbon footprint be to reduce the cost of the underground, (in Paris you can travel all day for 2 Euros) unlike London were you pay ÂŁ4 for a single trip in Zone one.

Clear the roads of the 42 ton truck and get the frieght on the railway.

Joined up thinking guys.

Soap box away, nearly.:moon2:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Someone has just told me that campervans are forbidden inside the M25.

There are two rings around London.

The inner one is designed to keep all vehicles out by charging them for every day they move in there. You can probably avoid this zone.

The outer one is to reduce pollution, this is much bigger, you can't really avoid it. If you don't pollute much you don't pay. If you do, you pay a fortune.

Both zones work by a camera system, once the camera spots you that's it.

Now if you are Madrid based I wonder if you get away with this or do they hunt you down, I don't know.

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
If you look at the LEZ map the M25 passes through the zone in Havering Essex, is this a trap to catch all?
I think my new MH in March should be compliant... hopefully.

tonybrightspark

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Good news I think as I live just outside the zone. "03 Jan 2012 to onwards Compliant"::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If you look at the LEZ map the M25 passes through the zone in Havering Essex, is this a trap to catch all?
I think my new MH in March should be compliant... hopefully. tonybrightspark
They must be going to fix a poly tunnel over the M25. No charge.:ROFLMAO:

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Mind you it will be ok for Boris to install 22000 charging points for those silly little electric cars, so he might well lower the emissions in inner London but all the power stations charging the little cars will be poluting the rest of the country.

The man is an idiot, electric cars will help driving short distance in London but anyone who owns one and wants to travel further outside of the big city will also have to own a non electric car, doooh Boris.:Doh:

Recently we in Yorkshire were castigated for being the most poluting area in Britain. We provide the power for these stupid little dodgems.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
You gotta laugh, apparently our '95 6.5 litre turbo diesel V8 Rv, is exempt!

Not that it matters, we're very unlikley togo anywhere near 'the big smoke' with the 'van anyway.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Ohmygawd!
have checked my van, will not meet the low emissions from Oct 2010!!!
What will I do when i go to pick up my friends 80 year old mum for the day in Upminster, Essex. She is within the zone.
One of the options suggested on the website is to change your vehicle :ROFLMAO:

Still waiting for my lottery numbers to come up!!!!

S.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
As Iv'e said before the LEZ is a complete mystery to anybody north of the Watford Gap.

Ive driven through London, seen the LEZ signs and not had a clue what it is I'm supposed to do.

What law should I be complying with, (I know its to do with Exhaust Emissions) who's gonna stop me, do I need a badge or summit. I dont know cos nobody's told me.

As for electric cars helping to reduce pollution :Doh:, its just not true.

This clown Johnson who Londoners have seen fit to vote in as Mayor but who also has the authority to pass laws that effect people from outside of London is a total clown, he is an embarresment.

There should be a wall built around London with a total communications black out to stop them all (Londoners that is) from getting amongst and bothering us sane folk.

Jim
:winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just checked and alright until October then we are not what changes then, anyway made mind up if we are going to London will now go this year before October.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just checked and alright until October then we are not what changes then, anyway made mind up if we are going to London will now go this year before October.

What changes in October (or, at least, what would have changed if Ken Livingstone had stayed as Mayor ('twas he who passed the law, Jim, not Boris :Smile:)) is that Large Vans and Minibuses would have to be Euro III compliant - see Here. However, as noted on the link from that page to Here, Boris decided last year that he was going to suspend extension of the regulations until 2012.

So, Carol, you don't have to rush to go to London :Smile:

Graham

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Mines not an oil burner so no problem :thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Checked my van and the car and both exempt ( which is handy cos I was inside the ring for the New year :Blush: )

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Ken Livingstone had stayed as Mayor ('twas he who passed the law, Jim, not Boris :Smile:)
Graham

Sorry Graham, you are of course correct.

Red Ken, Boris theres not much to choose between them. Ones posh and the other aint innit, Red Ken probabley has a bit more method to his thinking.

Red Ken has underlying motives which may or may not be a good thing and Soft Boris has no idea whatsoever.

At the end of it all the aim is to reduce pollution and waste streams.

The LEZ will never do it given the current manufacturing philosophy in this country, in fact I bet an in depth review of this scheme would reveal a detrimental effect on all manner of associated-related facets.

I would dearly love to audit this scheme and the people involved with it and the position of London Mayor and the authority that he has been bestowed with.

(That was a lot to say without taking a breath)

Were all doomed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't think Boris is a soft as he sometimes makes out Jim but can't argue with the rest of your post. When I think back to watching alternative energy schemes on Tomorrow's World 30-40 years ago I'm disgusted that we aren't further forward.

I don't think manufacturing philosophy will change until politicians stop looking beyond the next election and start implementing long term energy solutions instead of trying to buy votes.

We have a solar panel for our van for when we are off hook-up and find that it meets all our requirements so no need for a genny. I'd love to put solar panels on our house roof - it's hipped with two of the three sections being south and west facing so I'm sure it would generate plenty - but can't afford it. I'm sure there is potential for a heck of a lot of electricity being generated from sunlight if people could afford to install panels but governments (of any party) don't seem to be interested.

From a purely selfish point of view our van is fully compliant with the LEZ (even beyond 2012) - which is a good job seeing as we're off to Abbey Wood soon :Smile:

Graham

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Agreed Graham. I dont understand why every new house thats built doesnt have solar or some manner of alternative energy scource included.

As with everything enviromental there has to the will to do it. Unfotunatley its not there.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back