Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
rv hi top
Exp
3 months
have just bought a 2009 mobilvetta and we can't seem to get any inside lights to work either on mains or battery, any ideas would be very welcolme:Sad:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi Denis, and :welcome:

Presumably you've flicked all the switches?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Find the fuse?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
That will be the 12v power supply fuse. They are often an in-line type nearby the battery, but NOT in the battery box. If you lift a seat near where the battery box is, there will be a main inline attached to the floor inside the van.

After that, you need to go to the power supply unit - there will be another set of fuses there.

Your next port of call is the controller unit, depending on which type, as you may have a fuse gone there, though these are usually generic to each system ( one for lights, one for water pump etc)

Have a look around when it warms up a little!:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I know your now sorted, however for the benefit of others, there is a relay on modern vans that cuts power to the 12v lights when the engine starts. Have heard of a few people that had issues with this, where the relay failed leaving no lights. You can normally find it near the leisure battery. On mine its hidden in an under floor locker behind the cab seats which is hard to find unless you know its there

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I know your now sorted, however for the benefit of others, there is a relay on modern vans that cuts power to the 12v lights when the engine starts. Have heard of a few people that had issues with this, where the relay failed leaving no lights. You can normally find it near the leisure battery. On mine its hidden in an under floor locker behind the cab seats which is hard to find unless you know its there
not just modern vans......many UK converted vans have had this relay for years.
both my 1999 and 2000 kontiki's had the relay under the charger/fuse block in the wardrobe.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
You are of course correct that it has been common since the around turn of the millenium, not sure when the rule changes came in about this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back