Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Hi
I have discovered that there is a large solar panel on the roof of our motorhome, which we purchased second hand, as the MH is very high we only discovered it upon the annual habitation/ service check.
There was no mention of the panel or any documents as to make/operation of the system. How do I find out if it is still working without calling all the companies that may or may not have installed it.
The seller is not available for consultation.:Doh:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi
I have discovered that there is a large solar panel on the roof of our motorhome, which we purchased second hand, as the MH is very high we only discovered it upon the annual habitation/ service check.
There was no mention of the panel or any documents as to make/operation of the system. How do I find out if it is still working without calling all the companies that may or may not have installed it.
The seller is not available for consultation.:Doh:
Solar panels work automatically, so you don't have to do anything, to check just try running your batterys down a little and then watch your battery monitor to see if power is being put back into batterys, as solar panels are designed to work for at least 10 years.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If it is working you will see over 13 volts in daylight. If it is not working you will see 12.6 volts or much less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shuismo

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Thanks

Well I guess I will have to wait until our next outing as we store our MH away from home.
Thank you kindly for the valuable info
Kind regards to all for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back