Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I have never understood how we can ignore the rules of other countries when talking about A-frames but not other rules. We all carry 2 warning triangles and yellow vests which are not needed in the UK, but are required in other countries, but when it comes to A-frames we say it doesn't apply to us from the UK because we don't stop people using them. Even our speed limits are different but we don't assume we are exempt from them when driving in other countries.

Good answer, pure logic. There are a few other bits and pieces that that logic can apply to and so until somebody can answer Keiths's point :winky:
Jim
:Smile:

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
They are definitely illegal in UK as well then, I haven't seen one with a system to allow reversing without the brakes coming on and a vehicle without servo assistance the pedal has to be pressed by a gorilla

Loddy

monaco

Free Member
Jul 21, 2008
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
American A
Exp
7 years
Hi I tow my car with A class rv with a full air brake system it has a trailer supply

from the vehicle brake system ie air line supply, this operates an air cylinder

which in turn operates the brake pedal,
I use a caratow A frame and reversing is not operating the brakes, only when the vehicle
brakes are used.

thats legal ???

regards trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Hi I tow my car with A class rv with a full air brake system it has a trailer supply

I use a caratow A frame and reversing is not operating the brakes, only when the vehicle
brakes are used.

thats legal ???

regards trevor

Trev
but we don't all have air on our tow vehicles, you must have bought that system in the US

Loddy

PS I bet you still can't reverse it though

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

brakes are used.

thats legal ???

regards trevor

Seems to me you have it sorted Trevor... (I know very little though)

JJ

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No they will not JJ

Crumbs! A silenced (ex) lawyer :Eeek:

Maybe City will win a trophy in the next couple of years...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ

See JJ... I try and stay out of the bun flight and you have to say such wild things like city might win a trophy in the next couple of years.. That is like expecting me to stay silent or Ezzie not to be classed as my spare battery... No way, no hope.

Jim is right.. It is as simple..... that most toads are illegal in the UK, in France, in Spain in Portugal and other places..

The exception is the Caratow on Monaco.' RV..that is a proper air unit and those that of us that have the big American parts book can see many versions of what the yanks have to fit on towed cars.. They do not play at it..they have the real gear that meets all the regs.

But again for the record.. Jim is 101% right regardless what some people think.

Bob:Angry:

Hocky54

Free Member
Feb 6, 2011
Lowestoft Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel Dutchmen Denali
Exp
'A' Frames

Gentlemen,

You may not like what I am about to tell you, my sources tell me that both France and Spain 'WILL' ban 'A' Frames and Spectacle Lifts from August 2012.
The legislation is going through as we speak and will be law by April 2012, but will come into total effect by the August.
In addition it will be come law here in the UK by 2015, so be prepared!

This is puka as my contact works for the ministry, and is involved in the harmonising of EU legislation.

You have been warned..........!:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Best sell me toad now then.
Anybody want to buy a Panda with Towtal Aframe on sorn at the moment but ready to roll £500.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 11

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back