Inflation of tyres with nitrogen (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Has anyone used this method of inflating motorhome tyres with nitrogen and is it possible to top up with the normal commressed air?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You might keep pressure for longer but I can't think of another benefit for a motorhome. Yes I believe you can top up with regular air.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
You might keep pressure for longer but I can't think of another benefit for a motorhome. Yes I believe you can top up with regular air.

If you read my AA link it points out that normal air is 78% nitrogen ...............therefore if you top up nitrogen with air you would gradually dilute the gas in the tyre until it was only air.:Doh:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you could always fill with hydrogen which is much lighter than air, thus relieving some weight problems and turning you van into an old BANGER :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
An interesting question which gave rise to this thought......if you filled the tyres of your towed car attached to your A frame with enough helium
so that it just floated there...hovering a foot off the ground.........would it still get you pulled over in Spain ?

barry:Smile:

Upvote 0

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
An interesting question which gave rise to this thought......if you filled the tyres of your towed car attached to your A frame with enough helium
so that it just floated there...hovering a foot off the ground.........would it still get you pulled over in Spain ?

Low flying fine????

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009

i dare say that could be interesting to watch you go round a round-a-bout :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Its a way of parting you from your money. How do you know your getting nitrogen and not just compressed air. Air is 78% nitrogen anyway and behaves no differently in tyres than normal air.

Stick with air its free!!!!!

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you read my AA link it points out that normal air is 78% nitrogen ...............therefore if you top up nitrogen with air you would gradually dilute the gas in the tyre until it was only air.:Doh:

I agree it would be pointless, the OP asked if you could, and of course, you can::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back