Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
They do look very good quality. Have seen the caravan ones on show. Problem is our hab door is only about 3 inches below rail. Going back up to storage tomorrow to measure width of door as well to see if it will catch on the angle of the roof. Have thought about putting new awning rail above fiamma awning but need to recheck all measurements as then it might not be wide enough to come down sides of fiamma. Not sure if all that makes sense. Thanks for all comments

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Don't know the make but it had zipped doors all the way round it. As in zips after each window panel. Was blue and grey and had flourescant green guy lines and straps.

Probably a Sunncamp... and by the sounds of it.. one to avoid.. !

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Isn't it based on the height of the awning rail you attach it to.?

Caravan's will have a lower roof ( to the awning ) than most motorhomes. As I recall Kampa make 2 sizes - one for caravans the other for motorhomes.

Kampa make 2 variants, the Kampa Rally Air Pro which is solely made for caravans, these are suitable for caravans between the height of 235 - 250 cm.
Then there's the Kampa MOTOR Rally Air Pro designed for motorhomes and these are available in 3 sizes to fit varying heights of vehicles:-

L: fits 250 - 265 cm
XL: fits 265 - 280 cm
XXL: fits 280 - 295cm

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nigel smith

Free Member
Dec 14, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
auto trail imala 730
Exp
june 2016
hi we have had a outdoor revolution air awning on our caravan for the last 15 months and it has been great we have just ordered a outdoor revolution for the new motor home and the sleeping pod off the caravan awning will fit the new one there is only on inflation point with the classic model great quality but £600 .

weebill

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2014
aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
We have just purchased a Vango Galli which runs alongside the m/h. First use just past at a very wet Stonehaven and we are delighted with the quality and how easy it was to erect and deflate. It is fairly hefty at 27 kg but it is large.

OP
OP
Jandek

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We decided on the Kampa motor rally air pro 260. Could not find one anywhere! Were given the name of camperite Colchester, Essex. 01206210551. They were great. Told them what we wanted, he said would ring back in 10 mins. He did and it was delivered in a week . Fully recommend their service. Now need a dry day to try and put it up!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have a look at mine.. it's only up 'slack' not pegged out.. you can see the door height and also the quality of the materials..

The door won't hit the roof provided the rail is about 6 in above the door

as I said in an earlier post, I'm fitting an awning rail so I can fit it over the hab door..

View attachment 109872 View attachment 109873 View attachment 109874 View attachment 109875 View attachment 109876
The one we saw looked just like yours in the pictures. Colour wise and guy line .
Except it had 3 Windows on the front. The pump was the same too, he had it out a couple of times , whilst shouting to his wife it wasn't going :swear2:flat.
Maybe that unlucky camper had a dodgy one. I'm sure he'd have had it straight back to where he bought it. He was so annoyed with it, silly old sod even punched it :boxing::laughing: The blown up bit definatly came out at an angle into the awning ( whilst the left side as upright ) that was the first time he punched it.
We were watching , but trying not to let him see us doing do as he was so cross , and it was so funny:rofl:

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Had one with our T5. Not cheap, easy up and down but not as easy as the manufacturers say! We bought the Oxygen 3 which collapsed in heavy rain in the Lakes. The clean up was a nightmare - fell out with it after that. You'll never get the large one back in the bag!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The one we saw looked just like yours in the pictures. Colour wise and guy line .

common colours for both awning fabric and guy lines

The blown up bit definatly came out at an angle into the awning ( whilst the left side as upright ) that was the first time he punched it.

I literally just slid it onto the awning rail and pumped up.. took about 10 mins..

as you can see, no pegs, no guy lines.. it stands on is own.. I put it up to try for height and position.. the air beams are captive in nylon sleeves .. no way can they just 'pop out' or be punched out..

I know a good awning from a crap one and can assure you he did not have a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro. ..

sounds like he had some cheap Chinese knock off ..

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I know a good awning from a crap one and can assure you he did not have a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro. ..

sounds like he had some cheap Chinese knock off ..

I think that the "popping out" phrase may not be the best description.

We have a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro 390 XL and one of the corner supports has a tendency to 'bow in' and I wouldn't have confidence that in high winds it might not succumb completely and end up folding in.

I have tried twisting the bladder inside the retaining zipped enclosure (as advised by a Dealer's rep) to no real avail.

Ian

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
bigtwin, Our 260 has started to bow in at both corners, about 18ins up. Looks like it has become "knock kneed" Cannot find a solution. I no longer think they are wonderfull
Bernie

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
bigtwin, Our 260 has started to bow in at both corners, about 18ins up. Looks like it has become "knock kneed" Cannot find a solution. I no longer think they are wonderfull
Bernie
Yes, I share your view @Ber090 !

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We decided on the Kampa motor rally air pro 260. Could not find one anywhere! Were given the name of camperite Colchester, Essex. 01206210551. They were great. Told them what we wanted, he said would ring back in 10 mins. He did and it was delivered in a week . Fully recommend their service. Now need a dry day to try and put it up!
Yes, Camperite are very helpful people.

Sat under the awning at Stratford just having endured the second deafening rainstorm of the day. It simply chucked it down. We are nice and dry........ (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bernie

That's what I thought might happen when I looked at them to be honest.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I think that the "popping out" phrase may not be the best description.

We have a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro 390 XL and one of the corner supports has a tendency to 'bow in' and I wouldn't have confidence that in high winds it might not succumb completely and end up folding in.

I have tried twisting the bladder inside the retaining zipped enclosure (as advised by a Dealer's rep) to no real avail.

Ian
This is exactly what happens to our Kampa Rally Air Pro and was speaking to a dealer at Peterborough who said his does exactly the same. Anyone got a solution that works?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We don't get that problem with ours... (still not quite sure what you mean tbh)
But if it's the corners have you considered using the storm straps.
We find ours to be light years better than our old awning.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Kampa have a video about the air beam "banana" effect and some mitigation steps which may help:-

How effective I know not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back