1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Indicator on the blink?

Discussion in 'TECH/MECH GENERAL' started by gordoncbrown, Feb 5, 2013.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Set off on Friday for our first outing of the new year. Lights check etc carried out , alway a bit more vigilant when it's not been used for more than 4 weeks. Everything eas ok. After about 30 miles the indication on the dash when indicating right stopped working. Pulled into a laybye and checked the indicators. all working ok. A few miles further on it started working again, then stopped , then started etc etc. Can anyone shed some light. Intermittent fault but doesn't seem to affect the actual indicators, but when it happens , how do I know the indicators are working?
    Thanks in advance.:Smile:

2. davejen

davejen Funster

Can you hear the flasher unit ticking when they are working? to me it sounds like the bulb in the dash is possibly faulty, or making a poor connection, maybe working loose in its holder. You may have to take the dash out.
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

3. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Thanks Dave, I was thinking it might be something along those lines but hoping it wasn't. Not looked into it but removing the dash seems a reasonably sized job.:Smile:

4. aba

aba Funster

give the hazard switch a wiggle and a couple of presses as this can effect the indicators as its after the indicator switch.