Indians, wolves and the like.... (1 Viewer)

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but heregoes...
Every once and a while on my travels I see a van with beautiful artwork on the back. I have seen Indians and wolves. The wolves I saw on a picture here on Fun, but can't find the post again. Are they spray-painted on those vans or is it a sticker? Does anyone know how these are done? And where to buy it or have it done? Thanks. Hans.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have several on my RV

I have several on my RV .. as my RV is a Winnebago I have on the rear panel two indians on horses... on my cab doors I have a ragged American flag and on one of my side lockers I have a view or Arozonia with the words over saying on the Road Again.

I had them all done at shows in the UK. There is a chap that has a book of designs and you tell him how big you want it.. he then prints it.. will come and fix it to the motorhome for £10.00 plus the charge of the print..my big one cost £65.00 the others between £5 and £40 each.

They are laid on with water and washing up liquid and then squeezed out and left to dry.. I have had mine on the RV for over 2 years now.. first class.

Bob

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The Secretary, of the Devon and Cornwall Motor Caravan Section, CC&C has a heap on hers, don't know where she got them from tho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The good ones are painstakingly done by hand ie, airbrushed or hand painted.
Am strictly old school on this subject as I was always a believer in the sign writers artwork when I was in business. You can have them done by a computer printer and from a distance of 40 yards you wont know the difference,but any closer than that and the plastic ones look like plastic ones, if you get my drift.
I can tell a proper sign written truck from 500 yards and a computer generated one from 1000. This is one instance that you only get what you pay for.
The painting on an old RV of mine took an artist 3 X 15 hour days to complete.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Had mine done at a show. The young man with the stall was really helpful as I needed the wolves to cover what was once a window in the habitation door, which had been removed by would-be thieves. He helped me find the cover and put my wolves on the front. I love them. They are supposed to be temporary but I can't bring myself to lose them.

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You will be very limited to buy off the shelf with colours in the UK...

As said some shows do have dealers that will put them on...

I bought some for my "Pod" and it was the only ones I could find with more than two colours off the shelf..

Air Brushing is the way to go to get a very personalised picture... but is expensive and time consuming..

The majority of what I put on were thick`ish vinyl.. but broke up the glarie white..

Attachments

• DSCF1550.jpg
    DSCF1550.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1552.jpg
    DSCF1552.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Any sign business will be able to supply and fit what ever you require.

Look your local ones up via Yellow pages there will be a few to choose from.:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
When we had our Autotrail Scout I bought Jeff a decal to go over the wheel cover. I got it online from a 4x4 wheel cover specalist. Our good friend Shaun (12 volt) is very handy and he put it on for us. It looked brilliant and I was very sorry to see it go when we changed vans. On the look out again for some more to go on Chieftan. If I find the company again I will pm you.

regards
Andrea

Upvote 0

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
"Why" ?

Do you fancy some "Kangaroo`s" painted on your motorhome ... Sport... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Yes please as our m/h is called Rooby ... we only have the vinyl type outline of a roo and her name on it but would love some airbrushing done :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
wolves

I think the wolves are on my van, they were on the van when we bought it,i wanted to remove them but spud (my other half) over ruled me and i know better than to argue with her as she is always right, the man we bought the van off had a graphics business and did them himself. he is based in the north east of england and i could probably get you his details if you want them,
T

Broken Link Removed

the transfer has been on the van from new and is showing no signs of deterioration, it has a uv filter on it,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back