Indians, wolves and the like....

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by stuurman, Nov 7, 2011.

1. stuurman

stuurman Funster

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but heregoes...
    Every once and a while on my travels I see a van with beautiful artwork on the back. I have seen Indians and wolves. The wolves I saw on a picture here on Fun, but can't find the post again. Are they spray-painted on those vans or is it a sticker? Does anyone know how these are done? And where to buy it or have it done? Thanks. Hans.

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I have several on my RV

I have several on my RV .. as my RV is a Winnebago I have on the rear panel two indians on horses... on my cab doors I have a ragged American flag and on one of my side lockers I have a view or Arozonia with the words over saying on the Road Again.

I had them all done at shows in the UK. There is a chap that has a book of designs and you tell him how big you want it.. he then prints it.. will come and fix it to the motorhome for £10.00 plus the charge of the print..my big one cost £65.00 the others between £5 and £40 each.

They are laid on with water and washing up liquid and then squeezed out and left to dry.. I have had mine on the RV for over 2 years now.. first class.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  3. rangitira

rangitira Funster

The Secretary, of the Devon and Cornwall Motor Caravan Section, CC&C has a heap on hers, don't know where she got them from tho.

4. Timetraveller

Timetraveller Funster

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

The good ones are painstakingly done by hand ie, airbrushed or hand painted.
    Am strictly old school on this subject as I was always a believer in the sign writers artwork when I was in business. You can have them done by a computer printer and from a distance of 40 yards you wont know the difference,but any closer than that and the plastic ones look like plastic ones, if you get my drift.
    I can tell a proper sign written truck from 500 yards and a computer generated one from 1000. This is one instance that you only get what you pay for.
    The painting on an old RV of mine took an artist 3 X 15 hour days to complete.

6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Had mine done at a show. The young man with the stall was really helpful as I needed the wolves to cover what was once a window in the habitation door, which had been removed by would-be thieves. He helped me find the cover and put my wolves on the front. I love them. They are supposed to be temporary but I can't bring myself to lose them.

7. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

You will be very limited to buy off the shelf with colours in the UK...

As said some shows do have dealers that will put them on...

I bought some for my "Pod" and it was the only ones I could find with more than two colours off the shelf..

Air Brushing is the way to go to get a very personalised picture... but is expensive and time consuming..

The majority of what I put on were thick`ish vinyl.. but broke up the glarie white..

Attached Files:

8. maxsdad

maxsdad Funster

any body got Rolph Harris's phone number:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  9. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

Any sign business will be able to supply and fit what ever you require.

Look your local ones up via Yellow pages there will be a few to choose from.:thumb::thumb:

10. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

"Why" ?

Do you fancy some "Kangaroo`s" painted on your motorhome ... Sport... :Wink::Rofl1:

11. the stig

the stig Funster

When we had our Autotrail Scout I bought Jeff a decal to go over the wheel cover. I got it online from a 4x4 wheel cover specalist. Our good friend Shaun (12 volt) is very handy and he put it on for us. It looked brilliant and I was very sorry to see it go when we changed vans. On the look out again for some more to go on Chieftan. If I find the company again I will pm you.

regards
    Andrea

12. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Yes please as our m/h is called Rooby ... we only have the vinyl type outline of a roo and her name on it but would love some airbrushing done :thumb::thumb::thumb:

13. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T Funster

wolves

I think the wolves are on my van, they were on the van when we bought it,i wanted to remove them but spud (my other half) over ruled me and i know better than to argue with her as she is always right, the man we bought the van off had a graphics business and did them himself. he is based in the north east of england and i could probably get you his details if you want them,
    T

[​IMG]

the transfer has been on the van from new and is showing no signs of deterioration, it has a uv filter on it,

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011