Inconsiderate campers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ruffingitsmoothly, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Hi this is what a camper(caravaner) did this last weekend although as Papa Smurf can confirm we have plenty of hardstanding:Angry:

No apology whatsoever I noticed this Monday morning

[​IMG]

Furthermore once again although we have a bin clearly marked "bagged rubbish"

[​IMG]

Some people just cannot read or are just plain ignorant:Angry::Angry:

[​IMG]

I do not wish to have to bag up peoples rubbish for them:Angry::Angry::Angry:

There you go rant over, I must say however most campers are very good:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

He obviously didn't have a 4wd vehicle Pat and maybe needs some lessons in "tugging".:RollEyes:
    I must say the field looks quite dry in the circumstances.:thumb:Have you not had the bad weather down there?

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Pat

Often it's the tugger with the 4x4 that charges across wet grass totally unnecessarily, I saw it on the last CL we were on.. plenty of space to turn a 36ft RV but the tugger used the grass which was sodden.. leaving behind damaged grass and two great ruts.. :Angry:

Is it a 'macho' thing .. showing off or what.. I can go anywhere I want attitude ... who knows.. :RollEyes:

Re your bagged rubbish green bin, from what I can see it doesn't look particularly bad, just a couple of plastic bottles and a Coke can .. most likely from someone walking by rather than a deliberate 'dumping without caring' .. but, no, you shouldn't need to tidy up others rubbish..

By the way.. is the other stuff around the bin also rubbish ?

Five brushes, an Aquaroll, chair , boxes etc ? If so then that is out of order .. :Angry:

4. olley

olley Funster

Hi I watched a tugger trying to pull his caravan off his pitch at Amberly Fields a few years ago, his rears were digging a nice grove in the grass, as they spun madly around, his fronts didn't spin at all sitting on the tarmac, guy had forgotton he had 4wheel drive. :Doh: until the warden came racing over, he remembered then; after a few choice words were spoken. :BigGrin:

Olley

5. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

If there are hardstanding pitches why wasnt the driver told to park on them or maybe given directions on where they were?? :Blush:

The rubbish is in the bin...what else do you want people to do with it?? :Eeek:

If it was left blowing all over the field for you to pick up i could understand your problem but to be honest i really dont see what the issue is.

6. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I think that is what has got up "pats" nose,, He had to go around and pick up other peoples rubbish,, Which is not on when there are bins provided..

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Perhaps Pat will clarify ,

he said he had to 'bag up' not pick up .. which I interpreted as loose items in the bin rather than in bags.. ?

8. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

I have to agree, If the grass was in a soggy condition why wern't they advised to use the hard standing and if no one was available why wasn't there clear beit temp signs to say keep of the soggy grass use hardstanding only?

Only an owner would know whether the ground is suitable, some campers? may very well think the ground is ok.

As far as rubbish is concerned, can be annoying to clear other peoples rubbish ;but i think your bound to get some of this running a campsite.As you say most campers do treat campsites with respect.

Must say your refuse area dosn't project a good image IMHO.

Regards

9. American Dream

We were pitched on a grass pitch in the "old girl" the year before last and the heavens opened overnight.....

The chances of getting out looked pretty remote as both exits were uphill and VERY boggy.

Did a recce of the options and then put her in gear (auto box) and left her to it.

She pulled herself out without ripping up the grass for the other motorhomers/caravans on site.

I guess it's just resisting the temptation to give it some welly....and having consideration for others

10. madbluemad

madbluemad

Youd have thought that the site staff would have cleaned away all those old wheely bins and brushes etc, not only are they unsightly but trip hazards as well. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Jim :Wink:

11. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Someone did the same to our grass yesterday and only came in to look ! We have spent thousands putting down hardstanding and roads for people just to drive across our well kept grass. Mark has now got to hire a roller to get rid of all the ruts. :Angry:
    Sorry to join your rant Pat but it made me feel better.

12. ruffingitsmoothly

Hi Dazzer

The problem is that I request that rubbish is put in bags for ease of removing it from the wheely bin, it's not rocket science as far as I am concerned, on this occasion I agree it is not too bad, however I still had to tip the bin up to remove these cans and plastic bottles where as I can easily reach in and remove bags, also in the past I have had to clean and bag up some horrible messy stuff.

I feel it is just common courtesy.

Regards Pat

13. ruffingitsmoothly

What staff??? There is only me[​IMG] and one of the brushes is for campers to use to clean their caravans/motorhomes there is also a small scaffold tower for their use.

I must clear the others away sometime!:BigGrin::BigGrin:

Regards Pat

14. ruffingitsmoothly

Hi Sinbad this is a small CS site, that means a maximum of 5 of any of these, motorhomes/caravans/trailer tents, not a commercial site.

Instructions were given to the caravaner of where to turn and to keep to the hardstanding, however I only run this site as a part time project and as such I am not a slave to it and am not here 24/7, I do have another business to run! After all at £8 a night with 10amp electric it will take ages to recoup the outlay for the work done thus far, let alone a profit!!

I must say that I have had some lovely campers here and on the whole it has been fairly straight forward and trouble free, but it does really get up my nose at how inconsiderate certain ones can be! Here are a couple of other instances that have occurred.

A dog allowed to soil the field and not picked up!
    Dog poo picked up (how I don't know) and put in the rubbish bin loose!

Regards Pat

15. olley

olley Funster

'O' the joys of dealing with the general public. :Rofl1:

Olley

16. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Having been given site instructions and then to disregard them, is totally unacceptable
    and don't blame you for being angry, anyone would .

There does seem quite a few dog owners that fail to remove there pets poo knowing full well that its in a place where public visit, again unacceptable.

unfortunate but there's bound to be the odd one or two inconsiderate campers with no respect.

I am relatively new to motorhoming and have only visited a few sites, i did find it was a case of find your own spot without any guidence or help hence my original question.

I guess you won't be having him back then:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

17. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

When I sold my business one of the greatest benefits was not having to deal with the General Public.

After 38 years NEVER AGAIN :Eeek:

18. ruffingitsmoothly

There you go had a bit of time today so had a tidy up of this area:thumb::thumb:

[​IMG]

Regards Pat

19. American Dream

You Photoshopped it didn't you Pat?....:RollEyes:

It does look miles better though.:thumb:

20. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Your site looks lovely, Pat. Neat tidy and peaceful. :Smile:

I see you are a CS from one post. Does that mean that as a member of the CClub we couldn't use it?
    Lucille