Inconsiderate, Arrogant and Unnecessary (1 Viewer)

ArmchairRVer

Free Member
Aug 30, 2012
Los Angeles, Santa Monica
Funster No
MH
Wannabe-go
Exp
Two items here

Number one: Ear plugs + Soundproof Curtains.

Number two is more like a question than a suggestion.

Suppose you had a generator that produces noise. So you follow your own advice and go to the neighbors and ask them if they mind.

They say, yes, we mind, at any time, day or night.

What would you do?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
This post has been running so long,i just have to say --
I have never knew food cooking could be SOoo good after watching Nigella Lawson.
I am going to cook what she tells me too:Eeek:
curry prawns

Plumptuous :man_in_love::man_in_love:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
In fact, I'm so incensed, I am swapping my Honda EU10i for the one in the picture and bringing it to the next meet.

Anyone suggest where I can get an A-frame to tow it with?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Petrol Scammell, beautiful.

I used to drive the Recovery version in the Army and loved it.:roflmto:

If someone can make one into a Motorhome I'd buy it.:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Gennies

Sorry for the late responce. How about, when assemberling at a meet, why not direct those that hate genies to one side of the field and those who need a gennie to the other side.
Simple's [just like me ] dont shout at me.
Pudseykeith :thumb:

Chasingthesun

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
north wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Standby for a RANT that will polar divide the readers. Before I erupt however, let me just say that I normally keep my Motorhome Fun experience as a watching brief with the occasional polite post for information, the replies to which, I am most grateful. I am not a serial ranter.

Right lets rip. Why Oh! why, do some motorhomers find the need to run petrol generators? Not just that, why do they run them whenever they please?, without asking their neighbours if they mind, at all hours of the day and night and without a thought for the inconvenience they are causing others. It's inconsiderate, arrogant and totally unnecessary. Furthermore, why is it most generator users opt for the noisy options such as the very popular 'smoked herring' variety as opposed to the quieter versions? I'll tell you why. Because they prefer to inconvenience others rather than inconvenience their wallet!

Before I open the doors for the tirade of abuse/support let me lay out my stall. I've been motorhoming for 2 1/2 years spending 184 nights and 193 nights aboard in the first two years respectively. Prior to that I cruised the oceans of the world for 17 years aboard a 43' cruising yacht spending 7 months of every year aboard. In all of that time I've never once found the need to inconvenience others by invading the peace and quiet with a generator. OK, sometimes I've had to adapt my lifestyle but why should others suffer for my needs? Get a decent battery capacity, fit solar if you need to, but stop acting as if your power needs are the only thing that matters. If you 'need' a two bar fire, microwave, hair curlers, electric blanket blah, blah, blah, can I politely suggest you stay at home - you will be much more comfortable.

OK, I'm in my bunker, tell me I'm wrong.

PS I f you run a heart and lung machine - I'll wind my neck in

You need to chill man, :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back