Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Has anyone any experience of Kiam or LTS generators?

(ones that look like Honda/Kipor suitcase type)

:thumb:

OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Yes, I thought they look ok - read a few good reviews on them too. I'm watching an LTS on ebay at the mo., CT158, cont.2000/max 2200, 8a charge, runs up to 7 hours, 58db and 28kgs. For £299 buy-it-now :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Hi, got the Kiam off ebay last summer only used it a couple of times. Does seem a nice bit of kit and doesn't sound overly noisy.

Hope this helps.

Pat.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Looks like a remarkably close copy of the Honda EU series at a very low price. Hopefully there will not be any patent infringement, such as that which led to the crushing of Kipor stock!
At 58db it should be fairly quiet, but compared with the Honda's 52db, 58 is half as loud again, i.e. a factor of x 1.5.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I hate website with no address, it might be this....

Address:

Birchill Road
Knowsley Industrial Park
Liverpool
Merseyside
L33 7TD

• Telephone: 0151 548 5500

They look good, similar to Machine Mart but next generation.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We bought the 1000 watt version and it seems to work ok, although it has never been run for long periods.
It is fairly quiet when running and not too intrusive.
The main reason that we bought it was for Mrs. knokinonabits hair drying thingy, TV and microwave when we wild camp. But mainly for the hair drying thingy.
The address is the one we dealt with. Very good service. Ordered at around 1pm and it was delivered the next morning.
Time will tell if it lasts, but I suppose with the amount of usage it will get from us it shouldn't be a problem.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Time will tell if it lasts, but I suppose with the amount of usage it will get from us it shouldn't be a problem.

Mine didn't ( not that make ) but the reason was common and simple to cure. The service guy I spoke to told me that every spring he has a load to service, all it is is dried up petrol gumming up the tiny jets. He talked me through removing the carb and blowing out the jets.

The other tip he gave me, open the filler and blow down it. Reason: there is petrol pump, it takes several pulls to fill the carb but blowing down it fills the carb and it starts first pull.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Mine didn't ( not that make ) but the reason was common and simple to cure. The service guy I spoke to told me that every spring he has a load to service, all it is is dried up petrol gumming up the tiny jets. He talked me through removing the carb and blowing out the jets.

The other tip he gave me, open the filler and blow down it. Reason: there is petrol pump, it takes several pulls to fill the carb but blowing down it fills the carb and it starts first pull.

The Kiam gennie has a pump built into the filler, so you don't have to taste petrol for days (unless you like it that way, of course).
The first time you fill up, and prior to starting, you can pressurize the fuel system. Ours started first pull. I was well impressed.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi what you need is a big diesel genny i have a kipor . havent heard anyone complain about the noise.
its that loud ,hee hee.
they cant shout loud enough. ,ha ha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back