deisel doctor

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
stowmarket
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
When you pull up on site in what order do you do thing,oviusley if there are only the odd tap then that would be the first thing to do fill the water tank. In this climate do you then heat the water after the boiler is full then heat the living area????

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sort out dogs ( water, wee, place outside for them if dry )
Sort cats (food, water, place outside for Fred if dry enough, let older cat out if safe enough)
Put kettle on.
I know my place!

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Smoke as i'm not allowed to inside the van, or indoors or in the chalet or in the car, thats what i do first:thumb::ROFLMAO:
when jane gets drunk she smokes:Doh:
I never told you that::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
dogs walked,

and the wine better be in the glass by the time I get back::bigsmile:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Travelling to site we have the truma gas fire on if its cold and the water tank is full.
When we arrive mrs Vlad puts the kettle on whilst me and the kids take the dog and have a look around.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Me - get the spirit level out and Pete gets the levelling blocks if needed, van driven up onto blocks, Pete to turn gas on on way back down outside of van from putting the bag the blocks are in, away, me - light fridge, then turn the water on, fill kettle. Place on stove and light gas. Sorted.

Cos we usually have some water in when we leave home generally - just depending on where we are going.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Kettle on, check the loo's out, turn the front seats around, thats it van is then home. :Smile:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Probably use the loo, level, plug in and/or turn on gas, put kettle on, turn on heating (if needed) and hot water, get out small table and chairs, lay out groundsheet, wind out awning, connect up the computer to play music, sit down, drink tea, wind awning back in because it's too windy :)Doh:), fill up with water unless we did it on our way in, check out other MHs for funsters, have a look at the local blurb and decide what we want to do/see while we're staying here, decide if we're eating in or out (if there's a pub nearby) tonight.

That's about it I think.::bigsmile:

John

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Fill with water (if necessary), disconnect trailer and park it if we've got it with us, level up van (again if necessary), connect EHU, turn on gas, turn on heating and put kettle on if winter, open bottle if summer.

Spidermonkey

Free Member
May 8, 2012
back in uk for a while
Funster No
MH
sold - none at the moment
Exp
June 2012
Me - let dog out, open wine, get beer out for him. Him- smoke, drink opened beer. Everything else happens after that.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Do my exercises:

Attachments

• aerobics.jpg
    aerobics.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 8

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Level it

Apply handbrake

Fridge to gas

Open le vin rouge

(If campsite - snigger at people taking ages to erect flapping tents while small grizzling kids get in their way, nod knowingly at each other and say 'We used to do that'.)

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Routine..hard to break !!

I do this every journeys end, Pull up on pitch, handbrake on, say out loud (even if I am on my own !) "Finished with Engines " walk to the rear of the van, take out the decanter of Famous Grouse and have a wee dram to cut through the dust of the trail !:Cool:

Then sort out the domestic side of things !!:Doh:

This will happen tomorrow when I arrive at the aire in Archadona on my way to Portugal ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Further to my earlier comment about canvas campers' small grizzling kids, I'm reminded of an Italian child on the other side of the hedge to our campsite pitch in the Camargue last summer whom we christened Phillipo Nontoccare.

Every 30 seconds for the best part of two hours all we heard from his increasingly irate tent-building Papa was "Phillipo! Non Tocarre!!"

(transl. Phillip! Don't Touch!!) :Smile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Choose pitch, leveller blocks in place if necessary, apply handbrake, kettle on, walk dog, drink tea. Discus evening meal, decide on local pub or cook, pre-dinner drinkies, eat!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back